29 | ᴠ ᴇ ɴ ᴛ ɪ ɴ ᴏ ᴠ ᴇ

A weird feeling of warmth underneath me made me bring my hand up in an attempt of fixing the pillow only to contact my fingers with a soft, warm surface

I let my fingers trail over it, feeling the texture I couldn't place. A vibration that I felt followed by a groggy voice made me peel my eyes open.

"Good morning." Blinking a couple of times I lifted my head from Dante's warm chest to lock my gaze with his. I could feel my breathing along with my heartbeat stop as I gazed into his greyish blue eyes.

"Morning," I let out words barely above the whisper, swallowing hard at a mere inch between us I let my teeth sink in my lower lip feeling my cheek warming up.

His eyes scanned my face till they didn't stop on my lips. Letting go of my lower lip I couldn't help myself but dart my tongue out licking my lips feeling sudden dryness of them. Dante's eyes closely watched every move I made making sure that he didn't miss something. The warm feeling in the pit of my stomach started to create as I looked the way his eyes went a couple of shades darker.

Keeping my eyes on his face, I didn't realize when he brought his hand on my cheek causing me to flinch. His hand stilled in the air near my face while his jaw clenched and eyes closed. He took a deep breath before muttering, "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

Shaking my head, I grabbed ahold of his hand and pressed it against my face before leaning in his touch and letting my eyes flutter close."You don't need to apologize, I zoned out so I flinch when you brought me back in reality." Whispering I opened my eyes seeing a little twitch at the corner of his mouth.

Instead of the smile that I was waiting for at the last moment, a cocky smirk made its way on his handsome face. "How did you sleep?"

I rolled my eyes at his question feeling my cheeks burn. "Why are you asking when you know the answer?" I mumbled pushing myself off of him. Unlike last night, this time he let me.

"Well I think you slept good, but still...." something in the way he looked at me made me soften my gaze, "...even though you didn't throw yourself around and screamed... did you sleep okay?"

Sinking my teeth in my lower lip I nodded my head looking at him through my lashes, "I did," his face brightened at my response, "and thank you for that." He shook his head extending his arms on each side of me ready to pull me closer, "Maybe that is exactly what I needed, let it all out. Or, let someone in." I mumbled as he pulled me back against him.

Letting my head fall on his chest right above his heart I listen to his steady heartbeat, one of his hands caressed the skin of my back where the shirt hicked up. The goosebumps rose on my skin as his hands went up and down my side. My eyes felt drowsy and I craned my neck a little to look at his face only to find his eyes closed. Not being able to avert my eyes from his face I let them explore it, his brows, lashes, lips, face structure, jawline... everything was exactly perfect.