15 | ǫ ᴜ ɪ ɴ ᴅ ɪ ᴄ ɪ

▪ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴ ᴍᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛ ▪

My eyes took in the empty club

My eyes took in the empty club. It seemed so quiet and.. calm in some weird way. The total opposite then what it should and usually is. The silence was louder than music that was playing the other day causing a feeling of relaxation to shoot through me.

All thoughts of Leandro and his torture were gone the moment we stepped into the club. My body was calm yet still stiff, always on the watch for some kind of threat.

Dante must have caught on to that as he leads us towards the bar. "Juice or something strong?" He asked with a smirk while mischief swirled in his eyes.

'One drink won't hurt. And besides, I need something to take my mind of everything that is happening and calm me down.'

. . .

'A drink might be a mistake.' I giggled at my thoughts causing Dante to look at me with an ear-to-ear grin.

"What are you laughing at? I didn't end my joke yet." He slurred pulling me closer to him and throwing his arm over my shoulders.

"Your jokes suck," I replied taking another sip of the sweet liqueur, with the amount of how much I drank already I didn't feel the burning down my throat anymore, the only thing that could be felt was a warm feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"So do you." He mumbled near my ear causing a lustful shiver to run down my spine and shot in my core.

I bit my lip turning to look at his mesmerizing eyes seeing alcohol swam in them. "You know that I don't suck." I replied with a smirk of mine "Not fan of the taste."

He chuckled at my comment before turning to look in front of him. His chuckle got stained and he seemed to zone out as he watched the rows of alcohols at the front of the bar.

My gaze traveled over his face, his nose, his cheek, his jaw that seemed so strong. My attention went on his neck, tracing his tattoo that was visible and went up, disappearing in his hair.

"That must be painful," I mumbled softly as my fingers unconsciously went on his neck tracing the outline of the tattoo.

"Did it hurt?" I asked my eyes slowly trailed over the ink on his neck.

His head turned to me and my eyes caught the way his Adam apple bobbed when he saw our proximity.

"When I fell from heaven? A bit but-" he started cocky but stoped and started chuckling when I punched his chest. "Okay, okay, no need to be aggressive." He mused out as amusement swam in his orbs.

Huffing I was about to turn my back on him but his arm sneaked around me pulling me closer to his chest. "What are you doing?"

"I'm asking you a question, for real and you start joking." I huffed with annoyed look taking a glance at his face on which that stupid smirk played.