4 | ǫ ᴜ ᴀ ᴛ ᴛ ʀ ᴏ

My eyes slowly trailed over his face taking everything in

His face didn't change that much, but at the same time he looks.. bigger, older, more muscular, more.. man.

He doesn't look like the boy from years ago.

His once olive skin now is covered in ink and his ears along with his nose are caring piercings. His greyish blue eyes were piercing my soul causing my body to stay still in the same spot.

I blinked a couple of times bringing myself back to reality when I saw his mouth move again.

"Ra‐Ramona?" His voice sounded astonished and his face was holding pure shock and disbelief.

I opened my mouth to say something, anything but the only thing that came out was a broken whimper. Coughing I tried to cover the sound that escaped my lips and took a deep breath before fixing my eyes on the man in front of me again.

"Dante." I nodded his way feeling a lump creating in my throat making it hard to swallow.

"Is that really you? Ramona?" A tingle shoot through my body on the way my name rolled of his tongue.

I didn't hear his voice in so long, yet he still is capable to make me weak in my knees by saying only my name.

I saw him carefully take cautious steps towards me and from reflex, I took one step back causing him to stop in his tracks.

"Hey? It's me." He said pointing at himself but I only shook my head reminding myself where I am and where a real monster is.

Shaking my head I extended my hand to him "Sorry.." smiling I tried to play it cool "... it's Leticia actually." My voice sounded small and scared, something I didn't like one bit.

I hate it. I hate to feel that way. That way I only look weak, something that I don't want to be ever again.

"Leticia?" He asked scrunching his eyebrows in confusion causing me to nod my head slowly pulling my hand back while trailing my eyes over his face that is closer.

His hair looked messy like he runs a hand through it way too many times while his face looked a little pale and sunken like he didn't sleep for some time.

Now up close I could see his eyes holding pain and sadness but also something more.

Something that I didn't see in so long.

Longing.

"-our name?" Snapping out of my trans I looked at him while shaking my head slightly.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you. Can you say it again?" I said feeling my cheeks burn from the embarrassment that I brought upon myself with dreamily staring at him.

My sentence caused his lips to twitch in that arrogant and cocky smirk he always wore. "I can see that you didn't listen to a single word, you were too focused on eye-fucking me." Sending me to wink, however before I could say anything on his cockiness he continued "But what I asked is why did you change your name?"