your my home

(A/N sorry for the delay on this chapter, I was catching up on my 10 missing assignments HAHA anyways 30 VIEWS??? WHAT??? TYSM??? ILY <3)

   (slight TW mention of death)

   Clay isn't as much as a dumb jerk as he seems; He may not show it, but he does care a lot about the things or people he is passionate about.

   He just isn't passionate about anything.

   The golden boy hurts people in retaliation from when he was a young boy who was as shy as could be during the pre-puberty stages of his life. Clay always got bullied for the tiniest things, like his clothes, his looks, even his name. No girls would chase after him in elementary school, partly because they were in elementary school, but mostly because they just didn't find him interesting. Clay wasn't interesting.

   At least, that's what most people thought.

   Nick, also known as Sapnap, was one of the first and only kind people to talk to Clay. He had skin as white as snow and hazelnut colored hair. One specific thing Clay remembers, for some odd reason, he always came to school with a new bruise each day. He still does come to the wretched high school with new black and blue stains on his snow-like skin. He always worries that Sapnap might deal with what that slim figure George has to deal with, except at home.

   Even if Clay knows that it's the case, he doesn't mention his theories to Nick.

   Clay has also struggled a lot when it comes to his living situation. His father passed away when he was really young, and his mother has to work two full time jobs just to keep her three kids fed. They off and on live in their Subaru because they can't afford a small apartment. Nick and Clay may not have to deal with the same things, but they still understand each other. In many ways, Dream and Sapnap aren't all that different from the kid they hurt constantly.

   They just won't listen.

   Maybe if they listened, or just saw the hurt in George's chocolatey eyes, they would act a different way towards the pain-filled classmate.

   But alas, what's the point in listening to an irrelevant story?

   Who cares about a kid's background?

   Clay didn't until he saw that very same hurt in the short brunette's eyes as he lied on the floor, next to a motionless, lifeless body. 

   He was riding on his sky blue bicycle, towards his small apartment building, which happened to be around the corner from the half dead kid's house, which is when he saw a horrific sight, George, lying motionless on the ground next to two items, which forever scarred the taller blonde and tore him apart from the inside. He never knew he would care about this kind of stuff, let alone having to see it in the flesh. A small tube half filled with small, circular pills, presuming the other half was already digested by the boy, George in the middle, with a woman lying next to him, eyes wide open, staring into an abyss of nothing. Clay knew what dead bodies looked like from all of the dramatic shows he watched at Nick's house. There was no saving the lifeless, brunette.

   But there was saving George.

   The question is...

   Does Clay save the boy he has hurt from, what seemed to be, inevitable death?

   The answer is simple.

   Of course he does, he may be a dick but he isn't gonna sit there and watch death knock upon George's door.

   Seeing as Clay didn't know how much time George has been knocked out for, he needs to prepare for the worst an hope for the best. That's what he has always done, hope for something that is unimaginable, impossible.

   Things change, though.

   Not everything is as hopeless as it seems.

__________

   George is inside of his own thoughts again. He can't seem to escape the prison of sorrow, he never has been able to. Sometimes, things stay the same forever.

   This is one of those times.

   George is surrounded by the all too familiar scent of blooming petals and the sight of emerald evergreens, towering above his small figure. As George tries to speak his peace, though, he doesn't hear the violent screams that once lived beyond the treacherous forest. He hears a faint, familiar voice coming from behind him. He swiftly turns around to see his sister standing before him once again, smiling, although her eyes are filled with unimaginable sorrow. Her sad blue eyes remind him of his mother, staring silently, eyes filled with regret, as she watched the love of her life tear their family apart. Her eyes full of hurt knowing she can't protect her own children, let alone herself. George has never blamed his mother for taking off with Callie.

   He just wishes that he was taken too. Maybe then he wouldn't be staring at his dead sister.

   "George, it's okay. Let me go," Callie whispers to George, who seems to be getting hit with a tidal wave of emotions.

   "How am I supposed to just let you go, Callie? You were everything to me. You still are, and always will be, my everything," George mutters as his head starts to spin. he can't take this. How is he supposed to live without his sister, his best friend, his everything. She was his reason to live.

   What's the point in living if you don't have a reason to?

   "George, you can live without me. You can move on. You just have to find your motivation again. You have to find your person, your home."

   "You are my home," George screams before falling onto his knees, begging to be taken away from the place that has caused him the most pain. He wants to live with Callie, maybe build a little cottage in the woods. That would be nice. It would be easy.

   Nothing ever comes easy to George.

   "You have to wake up George. You have to live. You are perfect George. Once someone sees that, you can finally find another reason. You can finally find your home,"

   "Wake up George,"

   "WAKE UP!"

___________

   George bolts up to see himself surrounded by people in white trench coats, looking upon the poor soul. They can tell he has been through a lot just by peering into his almost numb, yet still apologetic eyes. 

   "How- Why- How did I get here?" George questions, curiosity and frustration swirl in his head.

   "A young man named Clay brought you to the hospital after finding you on the floor of your house," An older man states.

   "CLAY?"

(1112 words)

A/N sorry if this chapter seems a little rushed, I wanted to get another chapter out by today since I didn't post one yesterday. I'm hoping you all are enjoying the story(also sorry about the cliff hangers HAHA I know how annoying yet amazing they can be). Make sure to eat and drink some water if you haven't today! I love you<3