just a pawn

(A/N Not only did I hit 13k words, I hit 1000 HONKING VIEWS!!!! WHAT THE HECK I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH LIKE WHAT- I don't know what I did to deserve all of this attention and all of the love on my story but I appreciate it so much<3)

   (TW panic attack, vomiting, attempted OD, light swearing)

   The night blew by, sleep overcoming the two boys as they entered the bed room. The air mattress was not set up yet; Quackity's parents had gone out that night on a date night. George refused to take the bed again, so he slept on the floor. A nightmare was expected to arrive at the brunette's brain's doorstep, but it never came. All there was to see was the pitch black darkness from the back of his eyelids. As he fell asleep, the same thoughts played on repeat in his mind.

   Do I really look happier with Dream?

   Am I happier with Dream?

   Am  I happy?

   As the thoughts seeped away as sleep consumed his soul, a slight shaking of the shoulder scared George awake. The bright yellow rays crept through Alex's window, forcing George's eyes to adjust. 

   "What the fuck, dude?"

   "GOGY SWORE???????? this is insane I JUST MADE THE GOGSTER SWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!" Quackity swung his arms around, running victory laps around his room as if he just won the lottery.

   "Oh shut up idiot," George giggled as the boy with a beanie finally slowed down to a stop, catching his breath.

   "So why did you wake me up at-," George stops midway through his sentence, peering at his phone to check the time. His eyes widen.

   "ITS 8 AM? what the actual FUCK could we be doing at 8 am?" George questions with frustration, tempted to just go back to sleep. His chocolate eyes widen even more at the response.

   "We are going to breakfast with Clay?"

_____________

   Since Alex had already been dressed when he woke up sleeping beauty, George decided to take a quick shower to hopefully melt away the stress that was hiding in his stomach. He doesn't exactly know why his anxiety is starting to rise, but it is and there's nothing he can do about it. He sighs as he turns off the lukewarm shower and gets changed into a casual outfit: A sky blue hoodie embroided with the numbers 404 and some Adidas sweatpants. He combs his hair, as it had been as mess, quickly brushes his teeth and steps out of the bathroom. An unfamiliar feeling hid in the shadows of his stomach. He couldn't exactly pinpoint the feeling, but it made him nervous. It was like butterflies were floating in his stomach as he thought about going out to breakfast with Clay. It was like he had a crush on a girl, but it was a boy.

   He had a crush on a boy.

   He had a crush on Clay.

   Although the brunette knew what the feeling was, he denied it. He vowed to keep denying it until the day he died. There was no way he had fallen for a boy, let alone the boy who used to bully him. He couldn't...he wouldn't.

   How has he gotten into this situation?

   There was only one thought in George's mind as he felt the feeling tug at his stomach, leaving his throat with a disgusting feeling.

   I'm screwed.

_____________

   (if you want the full effect listen to waves by dean lewis as you read the next part:))

   Quackity and George walked into the cafe, fresh baked bread and coffee filling their noses. The cafe was quite cozy, a few abstract paintings covering the mahogany walls and a few small tables scattered around the room. In the back was the counter to pay and a few displays of the food were along the top. As they walked into the room, they were met with Clay standing next to an unfamiliar woman. They approached the small booth they were standing next to, assuming the girl was just a waitress making small talk.