cracks

A/N two chapters one day????? what????? you guys are lucky I guess:)

   (TW mention of death)

   It's been a week since the news was spread around Rosefelt.

   George's nerves have calmed down a bit, seeing as his father hadn't torn him to pieces already. They aren't necessarily gone for good, though. It's like they took a vacation, left for a while.

   Only for a while, though.

   They came back with as much force as a wrecking ball once George saw the striking, undeniable father figure out of the window. Clark was standing as menacingly as ever at the door to the apartment building, seemingly scanning his surroundings for any sign of his son. 

   George was as good as dead if they let Clark inside the building. The worst part was that he changed his looks so no one would recognize him. Clark's hair wasn't slicked back anymore, now fully covering his forehead. It was also a slightly lighter shade of brown. His hood was pulled up over his face, and overall, you wouldn't be able to tell who he was unless you knew him personally.

   George knew him too personally. 

   Panic took over the apartment. Clay was out trying to find a new job, while his mother was at her workspace and Drista was at School. Clay's older sister had officially moved in with her girlfriend, so George was left alone in the apartment.

   No one was expecting Clark to just randomly appear, though. 

   George grabbed his phone with his shaky hands and dialed Alex's number. The phone kept ringing. One ring, two rings, three rings, four. Sent to voicemail. Where the hell was Alex?

   That didn't matter right now, though.

   All that mattered, was George.

   George dropped his phone as his vision slightly blurred from the tears that collected in his eyelashes and went to block the door. It was as if he was trying to block an assassin waiting to strike. Which, in fact, was what he was doing.

   The brunette pushed an arm chair made of wool that was colored burgundy in front of the wooden, mahogany apartment door. If anyone knocked without revealing their voice, George wouldn't respond. He had a plan that he was going to follow through with. Even if someone managed to break through the reinforced door, George had managed to grab a baseball bat that had been lying in Clay's closet, since he used to play baseball. 

   George had a blockade, a weapon, and a defense. He was ready to go to war, to fight for his life.

   It wasn't necessary, though.

   As George peered through the apartment window, he saw his father turn and walk away from the building, causing a sigh of relief to escape his lips. Thank god it wasn't his time.

   Yet.

______________

   As George was sitting on the couch scrolling through Twitter, there was a knock at the door with the familiar voice George knows and loves.

  The brunette got off of the couch and walked to the door and opened it to find his boyfriend standing there, eyebrows furrowed as he was looking down at his phone. Something was clearly messing with Clay's head, and as much as George was curious to see what was so puzzling, he decided it was best to stay out of his boyfriend's business. He didn't want to risk their relationship, seeing as they might not have much time left together anyways.

   Dream quickly looked up from his phone and his expression completely changed as a smile swiftly formed onto his face. His eyes brightened as his whole mood seemed to flip upside down. He snaked his hands around George's waist and pulled him in for a quick kiss, making the brunette's cheeks flush a bright pink. 

   "You still get flustered from me, Gogy?" Clay jokingly stated as George rolled his eyes, yet a smile still radiated from his face. 

   They weren't just lovers, they were best friends.

   They were family.

   "Oh shut up! So, anyways, the craziest and scariest fucking thing happened today," George paused before strolling over to the small kitchen to make themselves some nachos.

   "I actually saw my father standing outside of the apartment building today-,"

   "WHAT?" Clay freaked out, his mood completely obliterated again and morphed into worry and horror. 

   "Oh it's fine! I blocked the door with a dresser just in case he got in and found an old baseball bat in your closet to use as a weapon if he broke the door down. He ended up not getting into the building so it was fine-," Clay interrupted with a shocked, almost pained expression.

   "The baseball bat..?" His tone was as soft as ever.

   At the handle of the baseball bat were carved the two letters of 'BP'; those were the initials of Clay's father. Before he went into the army, him and Clay would go to the park regularly, just to play baseball. They'd throw on some mitts and play catch, bring a baseball bat and take turns pitching to each other. They had a bond that every father and son should have; it was wonderful at the time.

   Then his father was sent to war.

   Ever since he got news that his father was shot down and killed, he has kept that baseball bat in his closet, scared to take it out and reflect and the memories. He was scared his emotional walls that have been built and kept up for so long would crack, and let all of the emotions out. He was scared he would have to relive that night.

   Most of all, he was scared to break down in front of George.

   George had so many problems going on in his life, and he didn't want to bare his problems on his shoulders. That's why he never told much about his life at first to the brunette. He didn't want to ruin things.

   Although that may seem like a good idea at the time, keeping your emotions and keeping all of your problems to yourself? It's so much worse.

   Eventually, the walls will crack.

   Eventually, everything will come pouring out, whether that be through anger or grief or sorrow. 

   No one wants to find out what happens when the emotional barriers crumble and evaporate. 

   The walls will crumble soon.

   No one will be prepared for when they do.

(1058 words)

A/N heyyyy again ur lucky im posting twice in one day!!!! love you guys<3 eat and drink something if you haven't already:)