happier

(A/N hey guys :) I decided to write this chapter in a spur of the moment so I do not know if this chapter will be out the day I write it or like a week later sorry for delaying this. I am really trying to work on myself so chapters will be delayed and I know a lot of people do enjoy my story so I hope you guys don't mind. love you<3)

   Thoughts.

   Thoughts can be very dangerous. One thought could lead to another and next thing you know, you're dead. Thoughts are like bombs. They can either be stopped, the fuse will dim, everything will be okay, right? But there's another use of a bomb.

   You'll explode.

______________

   He had to go back home. Well, his house, not his home. That was never George's true home. Home isn't a place or a house or a building or anything of the sorts, home is where you feel safe. Home can be a place or a person, home doesn't need to be the place where you grow up. George's home? It has been, and always will be, one specific person. Quackity.

   But you can have multiple homes, right?

_______________

   George's tears that were rolling down his rosy cheeks and onto the shirt of Alex finally started to settle down, now only faint sniffles could be heard in the bedroom. Thoughts aren't always easy to overcome. They trap you, they wait for you to come inside of their prison, and they trap you. They want you to never escape. George's thoughts always lock him inside of a cage; They don't want him to be free

   Yet, somehow, his best friend has always managed to help him get out of his mind.

   They sat in the room, a comfortable silence looming over them, excluding the quiet sniffles that popped up every once in a while. George was the first to pull away from their hug, his eyes puffy from the outburst of emotions he just had. He had to go back to...to the place...to where he didn't feel safe. That wasn't his home. It was a prison. 

   He didn't want to go back to his personal prison.

   Alas, we all have to do things we don't want to do.

   The brunette finally got the strength to at least stand up, his hands were still a little shaky from the thoughts. Alex quickly put his hands on the other's shoulders, whispering calming words to George, who just closed his eyes and tried to breathe.

   It will be okay.

   Right. Everything will be okay. Everything is okay. 

   I'm okay.

   George tries to convince himself, although it isn't very compelling. As Quackity and George walk out of the front door of the new house, an internal war is going on in the brunette's mind, which distracts him from the horrifying fact that he has to go back. It was almost...calming. A distraction is a distraction to George, so it calmed his nerves.

   Not for long, though.

   The two boys turned a corner to face the monster, the ghost that haunted George. The house. Memories came rushing back to George as he started to feel himself slowly crumbling. George felt his knees give out as he fell to the concrete, tears refusing to flow. He already ran out of tears to cry. As much as he wanted his wall to break, as much as he wanted his emotional dam to crack, it couldn't. Instead, George sat on the concrete, not noticing the words filled with concern rushing out of Quackity's mouth, staring at his old house. No tears, no emotions, nothing. Just his eyes looking at the house. Even though to the average eye, nothing was showing in George's eyes. They looked almost...empty. To his best friend, though, a hint of horror hid in the shadows of the brunette's brown eyes. It hurt both of them.

   They had to make a move at some point, though.

   Although Quackity had never been to the other's house, he would NEVER let George step back into that house. That house was, and still is, traumatizing. So, George waited. Waited on the cool sidewalk, waited for Quackity to bring down a bag full of clothes. He waited. As he turned his head to look towards something else for a little bit instead of the room where it happened(ahahaha im so sorry for this reference), he saw a familiar figure appear, racing to the brunette with large strides.

   "Dre-," Before he could finish his sentence, he was engulfed into an embrace from the one and only golden boy. He quickly returned the hug, melting at the sudden affection he was receiving from someone other than his best friend. As much as he loved Alex and his hugs, wanting to be cared for by more than one person was normal, realistic.

   "I thought you were dead, I thought you were gone. You rushed out without letting me try to calm you down and I know you needed space so I gave you it, but I expected you to come back and then you never did and I was so worried-," Dream's words stung George's heart. It hurt knowing he just left the blond without a word, without an ounce of regret. He still didn't feel regret for leaving, but he did feel regret for leaving without a word. Leaving without coming back. Leaving without saying he would be okay.

   "I'm okay though, right? I'm here. I'm okay," George whispered with a calming tone, arms still wrapped around the blond. Dream pulls away from the boy and offers a hand. George takes the offer and stands up as an easily recognizable voice pops up from behind.

   "Who's this Gogy?" George sighs at the nickname and gives Alex the stare of death when he hears Dream chuckle, knowing he will forever be called 'Gogy' by both of the boys now.

   "This is Clay. He's the one who was a bitch to me at school-," Before George can get to the pros of golden boy, Quackity, being the protective friend he is, goes up to the way taller blond, staring at him with eyes that could break your soul.

   "WAIT Alex wait he is okay he apologized twenty thousand times already. He isn't a bitch anymore I promise," George exclaims, stepping in front of Quackity before he does something he regrets. Quackity may be short, but he does know how to throw a punch.

   As they slide into conversation, a feeling that doesn't appear often settles into George's stomach. Comfort. He feels comfortable with the two guys next to him, he feels safe. Their dynamic, their personalities, the three mesh very well together. It's nice being comfortable.

___________

   Warm colors paint the sky like it's a canvas, a slight breeze cooling the boys as they begin to part their ways. They have already discussed George's living situation and have decided that he will stay with Quackity unless he needs a change of pace. Silence loomed over the shorter boys as they begin turning a corner.

   "I didn't think your terrorizer deserved a second chance, at first. I thought I was about to BOOM POW some bitch. But you know what? He's actually alright. You seem happier when you are with him, George. If you're happy, I'm happy," Alex broke the silence which left thoughts wandering George's mind.

   I look happier? What? Whatever it's probably just some bullshit.

   "I have always been good at spotting the right people for second chances," George replies as they enter their home. Home.

   It's nice to have a home.

(1267 words)

A/N sorry for the delay :( I was not feeling myself these past few days and I really needed a break. Chapters may come out more inconsistently now and more spread out so I truly am sorry. This is also not one of my stronger chapters but I wrote this because I had motivation after a mental breakdown HAHA. Anywho I hope you guys ate and drank some water and if you haven't please do! No matter what I am so proud of you guys:) Love you<3