problems

(A/N not me listening to an old Pink song while writing this VGDHJBKWADF also not me writing this at 3 HONKING 3 AM WHAT AM I DOING? also I literally have to write A VALENTINES DAY POEM FOR MY HONORS GEOMETRY CLASS? FOR GEOMETRY? EXCUSE ME AND ITS APART OF MY GRADEWADHJ WHAT???????? I hate school with a burning passion:))

   The week flew past like a hurricane. 

   George still was knocked out unconscious, every now and then his finger would twitch as a sign that he was still alive. His heart was still beating and his lungs were still operating, yet he still wasn't awake. The doctors pronounced it a coma the past morning, leaving Clay and Alex defeated. They didn't know how long it would take their best friend to wake up; they didn't even know if he would wake up. Waiting was their only option in the past, and it's there only option now.

   So, they waited. 

   The two boys made a schedule. They would come every other day, spending the night. They would bring a change of clothes, and once the other arrived the next morning, the boy who was at the hospital would go to their home and sleep on a comfortable mattress. It was hard for both of them, seeing their best friend in that condition, but they couldn't change it. The past is the past, and they had to stop dwelling on how it happened. They had to focus on the present, and wait for George to wake up. Wait for George to heal, wait for everything to feel normal and relaxed once again. Patience is a virtue, as they say.

   Clay did not have that virtue, that's for sure.

   Each day without George was growing more and more like hell. It would be a bit better if, at the least, his eyes were open. All you need is to peer into someone's eyes and they can tell a world of stories. Yet, he couldn't find one emotion, one hope, one book because his eyes were shut. The library of George was closed, and he despised it. Gazing into George's cocoa eyes that would be paired with his bright smile would just light up his soul and cause fireworks to erupt from his stomach. The feeling was addicting, and he couldn't shake the fact that he might never get that feeling again. As much as he loves Kaliyah, Clay will never feel that feeling with anyone besides George. George and Dream are each other's drugs, they are each other's coping mechanisms. When you lose one coping mechanism, you don't just move on. You grieve, and you can't even cope because that was your coping mechanism. You lost everything. What happens when you lose everything?

   Your world crumbles, until there is nothing left.

   It crumbles until there is no point to stay anymore. 

   He had to have patience, though. If George woke up, and the first thing he found out was that Clay was gone? He would go right back to his old habits. He couldn't, no. He wouldn't let that happen. So, he waited.

   It was a struggle, though.

   Each minute seemed to get longer as George's eyelids were still glued shut, his mouth not budging. Every time the blond glanced at the bruises, glanced at the broken bones, glanced at George, he died a little more each time on the inside. His heart was shattering each day he went to the hospital just to find the same image of his best friend, his love, in the familiar, white hospital bed which seemed to conflict with the black, blue, and purple specks splattered all over the snowy skin of George. Clay's eyes slowly grew more puffy from the constant sleepless nights at the hospital. He slowly grew dark grey bags under his emerald eyes, which was tinted with a bit of red along the rims of them. His limbs became more stiff when he laid on the chilly tiled floor for a change of positioning. He not only felt, but looked like he was tearing at the seams. 

   He couldn't do anything about it, though.

   All he could do was wait.

   And that is exactly what he did.

______________

   The next week without George felt like time had frozen over.

   Time was slower. Minutes felt like hours, hours felt like days, days felt like weeks. Every day kept getting harder and harder, for both of the boys. Clay looked like he was more damaged, but Alex's best friend, his only friend he has ever knows, was dying. He needed George to survive, so very badly. The wounds kept getting deeper as the clock ticked with the seconds without the brunette. Soon, if George became a 'lost cause' to the doctors, the wounds would never heal. He wouldn't feel nor be okay. Quackity can't live without George. If anything were to ever happen like this again, his heart would shatter. His pulse would stop, his breathing would stop, everything would stop. At least the pain would be gone. Right?

   Both of the boys were shattering at the seams, yet both were too scared to mention anything. It would be too messy. They both felt as if they needed to figure it out by themselves, needed to heal without help. It wasn't healthy, but then again, who were they going to complain to? Themselves? They both were feeling similar, too. That made it worse. Both needed George, both were cracking each moment George's eyes stayed shut, both felt as if their whole world was dying. George was the sun, while they were the planets. Their bond was a solar system, and everyone surrounding them were stars. Smaller, inferior to them, yet everyone seemed too distracted by the bright light they produced to notice the three boys. 

   They were both tired of the heavy feeling that stayed looming in their stomachs.

   They were exhausted; they both needed some kind, any kind of support system. The perfect one would be each other, but neither seemed to notice. They were too busy dealing with their own internal conflicts. 

   Yeah, Clay could have talked to Kaliyah, but she would never understand. She was attached to Dream, and seeing him attached to someone else? It hurt her more than anything, but she couldn't speak about it. George was her boyfriend's best friend, of course he was going to mean a lot to the blond. She did miss him, though. He had been too busy going back and fourth between the hospital and his family to spend time with her. It had been a week since they last uttered a few words over text, nearing three weeks since they last spoke in person. They were drifting away from each other, because of George.

   It was cause of the car crash.

   That's what Kaliyah convinced herself it was the time they were apart. 

   As much as she missed her boyfriend, she couldn't bring herself to talk about it with Clay. He was clearly hurting, and the best thing to do was give him space. She had experience in this area; it was her specialty. She got upset quite often, and when she did, she just wanted to be left alone. She felt as if she needed to do everything on her own, and when someone barged in to help her? It infuriated her. So she gets it. She understands Clay. They were very similar, almost too similar, in a lot of ways.

   Their humor, the way they handle their emotions, even the small details like their laughs; they were nearly the same. Sometimes, if the personalities are too similar, they tend to clash. Sometimes, it works out and they live happily ever after. They get married, have a family, start their life together. Other times, though, the similar personalities tend to be better off as just best friends.

   Both partners were confused on which category they laid in.

   But that was okay, Dream didn't mind being confused.

   Kaliyah did, though. 

   There was a problem, and she was going to figure it out.

   No matter if it costed her everything.

(1355 words)

A/N sorry for the short chapter again and the rushed ending:( BUT I PROMISE NEXT CHAPTER IM GONNA PUT A LOT OF THOUGHT AND IT WILL BE HEAVY DIALOGUE SORRY BUT IT NEEDS TO BE DONE! anyways i hope you guys like the story so far! I have the ending planned out but it might not be for like 10 chapters? idk yet but yeah love you guys so much<3 eat something and drink water if you haven't already:)