sparks

(A/N thanks for almost 30k besties and depending when I post this I might have hit the HUGE milestone so I really appreciate each and every one of you<3 I am planning on writing another story once this one is finished so like ahaha if u like my content there will be more;))

   Maybe it wasn't too much to ask.   

   Black and blue bruises were speckled along George's neck and hand prints stained the skin, yet he was still alive, and that is what mattered. The doctors had gotten a handle of the beast in enough time and they finally sent him to the police station.

   He was finally arrested, and George was free of the burdens that came along with his father. Now he didn't have to worry about the legacy of his family's name, he didn't have to worry about his life being taken by his own flesh and blood.

   He did still have stuff to worry about, though.

   Like his own feelings. His feelings that have only grown for Clay since he figured it out. George has always felt a connection with Quackity, and he loves him like a brother, but it isn't the same love with Clay. It isn't a love like with a sibling, it's more passionate, feels more... more like home. The connection, the lust, everything about it leaves butterflies flying around the brunette's stomach. It leaves his stomach and his mind in knots, but in a good way.

   The feelings George has is like the Fourth of July as sparks soar through the air whenever they touch, or whenever they are around each other in general. It's almost like there is this long strip of rope connecting them, always leading them back to each other, bringing them back to their homes. 

   George was just worried that if he spilled his feelings, the fireworks would stop. The sparks would dim, and the rope connecting them would snap. He wasn't willing to risk their friendship over feelings that probably weren't even reciprocated.

   Or was he?

   Dream isn't a dick, so even if the chances of him liking George back were little to none, at least the rejection would be short and sweet. Their friendship probably wouldn't be ruined, right?

   Was he really willing to gamble their friendship though?

_______________

   It's been a few weeks since George's father attacked, and now the brunette was finally stable enough to leave his practically second home. All three of the boys had memorized the whole hospital starting with the white tiles that lined the floor to the bland rooms that had a scent of vanilla.  It was definitely not a good thing, but at least it was something. 

   As soon as the glass doors were opened and they stepped out into the cool breeze, the celebrations commenced. Alex was as relieved and happy as ever, practically sprinting around in circles with his arms in the air screaming how relieved he was. George just stood laughing at his best friend, practically his brother now, and also sighed with relief. He was finally out of the hospital; he was finally free. Not only free of the prison that was practically his second home, but also of his father.

   George's mother had already had plans on staying for a few weeks, but since her son was awake and thriving, she planed on staying for more than a couple weeks.

   She planned on moving to Rosefelt permanently. 

   Helena wanted to make up for all of the time she was gone, and even though she knew she couldn't make up for her past mistakes, she wasn't going to give up on her son without a fight. She was going to try.

   I guess the 'not giving up' gene was passed down in the family.

   George finally had everything he wanted. He had his best friends back, he had his mother back, his father was in prison... he had everything he could have ever wished for.