regrets

(A/N this may or may not be the last chapter ahahaha also might want to turn on like any sad song u like)

   The air pushed against George's face as he kept running to Quackity's house. He kept sprinting, the heart ache clouding his judgement. There was one car in the driveway, signaling the parents were home, considering Quackity's car was not there.

   Perfect.

   George had spent a while researching when he was a little kid how to Hotwire a car, considering he already had plans to run away ever since he was little. 

   Before Callie was taken away with his mother, they would spend hours planning and researching the best ways to hot wire a car and the best ways to save money, so they could live happily, away from the fear of being beaten.

   They were so excited to get out of Rosefelt, to be happy. They wanted to be safe from the hurt and horror of their house.

   Then their mother took Callie and left.

   At least Callie got out then, but she didn't escape permanently. She came back for George, and it warmed his heart at the time.

   It was a mistake, though. Now she's dead.

   And George still holds the guilt of that to this day. He felt guilty; he felt as if the murder of his best friend, his sister, was his fault.

   As thoughts of his sister recollected in the brunette's mind, he finally arrived to the car, heavy breaths escaping his lips from the amount of running. The wind felt amazing against his skin, it pushing the heat away from George. He went to the driver's side of the car, careful not to be seen from the windows. He tried unlocking the car to get in, and it opened.

   Amateur move to leave a car door unlocked.

   He quickly hopped into the car and looked for the place to hot wire the car. He was practically a professional now, as he practiced when he was little on his father's car. He never drove away when he was younger, mostly because he couldn't drive, but it also wasn't his time to leave his family.

   It was his time now, though.

   George found the wires and struck them together a few times before he heard the car rumbling, signaling the engine had started running. 

   There was no turning back now.

   George grabbed the steering wheel, taking a deep breath. Was he really about to throw his life away, just for a second chance at happiness that might not even work out?

   Like he said, he wasn't failing again.

   George put the car in reverse, put slight pressure on the gas, and reversed out of the drive way. He heard the door of the house open through the window, but it was too late. He had already started out of the neighborhood, the yells of Alex's parents slowly fading out. 

   George's mind was racing with multiple feelings. He was slightly regretting leaving Alex and his probable soulmate, but at the same time, he felt his problems drifting away in the wind.

   George was driving, but he didn't know where to. All he knew was that he needed to get away from Rosefelt, even if it was just for a little while. He needed to feel safe again, for once in his life he was finally putting himself first.

   Would that be a blessing or a curse?

   He didn't know yet.

   As George drove through the town, he reached for the dial to turn the radio on. The song that was playing was already half way done, but the lyrics that played really hit George in the heart.