The Future

Trigger Warning: Mention of suicide!

Mitch opened his eyes and he walked into a light room. He squinted a little, since the light was too blinding "what the hell?" He said as Carlos was standing there "hiya."

Mitch looked around, it was an all white room and he couldn't grasp what was happening "am I dead?" Carlos shook his head "Nope, this is your future." Mitch rose an eyebrow.

Carlos sighed and waved his hands as they stepped into another dimension. This is your future if you don't tell Scott your feelings and keep everything the same."

Mitch's 28 year old version of himself was sitting on the kitchen floor as he cried his eyes out. He had a knife in the other hand "there's no point for me here." He started making cuts on his arms.

He took a deep breath before cutting his vein and gently closing his eyes.

"MITCH?!" 22 year old Mitch heard Scott call from a distance "no..."

"Mitch...no no no no!" Scott cried as he saw 28 year old Mitch's lifeless body on the floor.

22 year old Mitch looked away "take me home now. You already told me this, why do I need to witness it?" Carlos didn't listen though and kept them there in that one spot.

"I WANNA GO HOME NOW CARLOS!"
-------------------

Mitch woke up with a gasp as he sat up straight in a hospital bed. He saw Scott get up "are you ok?!" Mitch took in his surroundings "what year is it?"

Scott furrowed his eyebrows in confusion yet answered anyway "um, 2014. Why?" Mitch smiled a little to himself as he mumbled "I'm not too late."

"Too late for what?" He said as he felt Mitch's forehead "you feel a little warm, do you want me to get the doctor?" Mitch shook his head "no, um...I feel perfectly fine. Let's go."

Scott nodded with concern still lacing his features but still signed him out.
----------------------
When Mitch and Scott got home Scott went to the kitchen to get Mitch water. Mitch smiled graciously "thank you."

They sat on the couch and Scott fidgeted with his fingers "you scared me..." Mitch licked his lips "I know." Scott sighed "Mitch, what's going on with you?"

Mitch shrugged, he didn't know what to say to be honest. Scott put a hand on Mitch's knee comfortingly which finally made Mitch look up.

"Talk to me, Mitch...please?" Mitch sighed "I don't wanna die Scotty." Scott didn't expect those words to come out of the brunettes mouth.

Scott frown slightly "what do you mean?" Mitch wiped his eyes "I....I don't know." Scott gave him a look and Mitch sighed "I think about what the future holds and what if something happens? I don't wanna die."

Scott gives a gentle smile "everyone dies eventually Mitch." Mitch wipes a tear that slipped out "I don't wanna die young." Scott scoffs "you're not gonna die young Mitchie."

Mitch raises an eyebrow "I had a fucking seizure, Scott." Scott nodded "well, yeah, but that was stress related. Is there something you need to get off your chest?"

Mitch knew this was the moment "yes...I-" he was cut off with a knock at the door. Scott laughed "hold that thought." Scott got up and looked through the peep hole. He opened the door "ALLIE!" He said as he hugged Alex.

Alex smiled and laughed as he hugged back, he then saw Mitch "hey, how you feeling? I heard you had a seizure."

Mitch gave a fake smile "I'm fine, it was mild. Thanks for asking." Alex nodded and turned back to Scott "I got us tickets to see Annabelle in theaters. Up for some scary fun?"

Scott looked eager to say yes but looked back at Mitch who looked miserable "I would love to but, I should really stay and be with Mitch, and make sure he's ok."

Alex scoffed "Scott, he looks fine. C'mon babe, please?" Mitch looked down, that kinda hurt a little, he looked back up and plastered on that fake smile again "It's fine, Scott, really. Go ahead." Scott smiled "You're the best Mitch."

Scott grabbed his jacket and was about to follow Alex out the door but stopped "oh! I almost forgot...there was something you wanted to tell me?"

Mitch wanted nothing more than to tell Scott he loved him...but...it wasn't a conversation he should have with him while he was on his way out with his boyfriend.

"No, um...have fun" Scott smiled and walked out the door. Shutting it behind him.
--------------------
A few hours later Scott came back home "Mitchie! I'm home!" Mitch saw him and smiled "hey, how was the movie?" Scott shuddered "it was so scary, you would've hated it."

Mitch laughed and said "I have an idea, cuddle and a movie?" Scott groaned "UGH! Yes pleasssseee!" Mitch laughed as Mitch picked out the movie and Scott got the snacks and drinks all together.

When they got settled on the couch, they played the movie and started snuggling up against each other.

A half hour went past before Mitch asked "what do you think Pentatonix will look like in the future?" Scott laughed at the silly question "why?" Mitch shrugged "because we're not really that known yet, our career is just taking off. How do you think we will look like in the future?"

Scott paused the movie and thought about it "Hopefully more successful, definitely more Christmas music at least another grammy." Mitch giggled "how about 2 more Grammy's?" Scott chuckled "that's the dream."

Mitch sighed "thank you." Scott furrowed his eyes "what for Mitchie?" Mitch shrugged "for being my best friend." They shared a laugh and Scott played the movie.

When the movie finished Scott yawned "I'm beat." Mitch nodded "same, goodnight Scottland." Mitch said as he walked into his room. He laid down on the bed and sleep immediately took over.
--------------
The next morning he woke up to the sun shining bright as ever. He then stretched as he got up and check his watch. It was November 28th, 2015.

The last day he had...