Just the beginning

Mitch sat up straighter since he couldn't believe what was happening right now.

"Is this some kind of sick joke? Are you and Mark just plotting against me to make me feel bad?" Scott furrowed his eyebrows "who's Mark?" Mitch shook his head with a laugh "this is not funny Scott, what the hell is going on?"

Scott stayed silent as he walked over to Mitch's bed and started feeling his forehead "you feel a little warm, do you feel ok?" Mitch swatted his hand away "stop that."

Scott put his hands up in fake surrender as he got up to change. Mitch got out of bed and looked in the mirror. He was different. He looked like how he was during the filming of the Sing Off, which would make sense because apparently he went back in time.

But how was that possible? How could he just go back in time and leave his old life behind? He couldn't believe it, he wouldn't believe it. There was absolutely no way he could be 19 again.

There was a knock at the door that kicked him out of his thoughts as Mitch looked to see Scott opening the door to find Avi standing there.

Mitch squinted, he hadn't seen Avi since he left in 2017. Now Mitch knew he was losing it "Avi? You're- you're back." Avi gave Scott a confused look and Scott smirked, amused.

"He's a little out of it." Avi nodded "will he be ok to perform? He looks pale." Scott was about to answer before Mitch coughed loudly "I can hear you, you know?"

Scott walked up to Mitch and gave him a hug "it's ok Mitchie, how about you take a breather and then meet us at the Sing off set to rehearse with Nick Lachey for tonight's performance." Mitch nodded and when Scott pulled back he went with Avi, God knows where, and left Mitch alone to contemplate everything.

Mitch decided to get dressed to go for a walk. He looked at his surrounding and that's when it hit him.

"when you wake up tomorrow do the same thing and ask yourself 'what can I do today that will change my tomorrow."

Mitch gasped in realization as everything started coming together. He couldn't believe this was still happening though.

He was walking as he bumped into a figure walking in the opposite direction "Oh, sorry." The figure said as Mitch realized who it was "i-its you? Do you remember me?"

Carlos grinned "oh, yeah. Hey." Mitch let out a sigh of relief "thank God I found you. I'm in a little dilemma and I really need to get back home." Carlos furrowed his eyebrows in confusion "why? You said that everything was horrible. So I made things a little easier. You're welcome."

Mitch widened his eyes "what? No, I need to get home now. Who the hell are you anyways?" Carlos smiled "my name is Carlos Valentino Lopez and I am your guardian angel."

Mitch froze "my guardian what?"

"Your Guardian Angel."

"You're crazy." Mitch concluded as he started walking away from Carlos.

"That car should've killed me, but I walked away with out a scratch. You're Mitchell Coby-Michael Grassi. You are apart of the world wide acapella group Pentatonix. You are unhappy or at least you were."

Mitch stopped in his tracks and turned around "you think by telling me my full name and my occupation that it will prove something. You're probably just a crazy fan and this is all a dream"

"I assure you, it's not. The year is November 28, 2011. The day you and your band mates won the Sing Off. The day all your lives changed."

"So what? We just suffer all over again? I suffer all over again? I have to watch as my best friend chooses someone else? I have to watch as all the things that happened to us, happen again?" Mitch said as he was on the verge of tears.

Carlos took off the shades he was wearing and shrugged "that's up to you." Mitch scoffed "what?"

Carlos walked forward and said "It's up to you to change everything. Don't worry, you'll still have the success and what not. That won't change...unless you don't win tonight, but I think you already know how that goes. You have until Nov 28, 2015 to change everything. Once it rings Midnight this whole world will be gone. If you decide to keep everything the same then you will go back to your old life, being depressed and miserable. But if you change it up this time around who knows what life you will go back to."

Mitch stayed still as Carlos stared deep into his soul. Mitch shook his head "I-" his phone buzzed in his pocket which cut him off. He looked at it to see that it was Scott.

Scotty- hey, where r u!!! We have rehearsal. If you're nervous, don't be. I got you.

Mitch smiled at the message as Carlos smirked "and so it begins" Mitch looked up "What-" he cut himself off when he realized no one was in front of him anymore.

He looked around and sighed as he wrote back a reply and made his way over to the rehearsal for tonight's show.
-----------------------
Pentatonix had just performed their song with Nick Lachey and then waited with the other two Contestants.

When Urban Method performed their swan song it only left the Dartmouth Aires and Pentatonix, standing side by side.

Kirstie grabbed Mitch's hand and of course Mitch already knew what was gonna happen, yet he didn't know why he felt so anxious.

"We win." He said silently to himself to try and calm his nerves down a bit and Kirstie looked at him "what?" She whispers and he shakes his head "nothing."

"And the winners, of this year's the Sing Off is..." Their was a long pause and Mitch saw a familiar face in the audience.

Carlos

He made direct eye contact with Mitch and winked as he disappeared.

"PENTATONIX!!!" Nick Lachey shouted as Kirstie, Avi, Scott and Kevin started freaking out and crying as Mitch just sighed. At least he knew their success was going to stay the same.

He hugged all of them and he felt happy for the first time in 3 years.

After that they were talking to the Camera people about how good it felt to be the winners when Mitch saw Carlos out of the corner of his eye.

When the Camera people dispersed, Mitch went to the others "I'll be right back." Mitch walked over to Carlos who smirked "congratulations." Mitch crossed his arms "what now?" Carlos shrugged "like I said, that's up to you."

Mitch licked his lips "I don't know...what's going to happen." Carlos sighed "everything that's happened before will happen again unless you change it. You're happy, right?" Mitch nodded "well, yeah but-"

"Then that's a start, remember this feeling. Make it last." Carlos cut him off. Mitch sighed "why couldn't you take me back in the year 2015? I was happy then, and at least I looked cute."

Carlos laughed and put his hands up in surrender "hey, don't shoot the messenger. You asked and I just gave you what you wanted? To start from the beginning." Mitch rolled his eyes "well, I'm thankful you didn't take me back to when I was 10."

Carlos laughed "yeah, I thought about it...but..." Mitch laughed and before he could say anything else he felt someone tap his shoulder. It was Kirstie.

"Hey, we're all going to get Dinner and Celebrate. Wanna come?" Mitch looked towards her and nodded "yeah just-" he cut himself off again as he looked back to where Carlos had dissappeared.

"Who were you talking to?" Mitch shook his head slowly "no one." He then turned around with Kirstie and walked back to the rest of Pentatonix.

This was just the beginning...