Little Drummer Boy

Trigger Warning: Mention of suicide

(Mitch's POV)
Scott was still out with Alex as Mitch was currently pacing back and forth as Carlos sat in the corner flipping through a magazine.

"What's happening?"

"It's 2013."

I stopped in my tracks and gave Carlos a really? Type of look "oh, I didn't know. I was just freaking out over the fact the air conditioner is broke." I said sarcastically as Carlos sighed.

"Look, I told you. Time flies."

I plopped down on the bed with an exasperated sigh "I can't do this." I sat up again "I want to go back to my old life, right now."

Carlos shrugged and crossed his arms "I can't do that." I sighed as I got an idea "how does my life turn out if i just keep everything the same?" Carlos got out a little gadget "well, Scott and Mark get married and adopt two beautiful children, Kirstie and her hubby get married and she gives birth to a beautiful baby girl, Kevin and his wife will start making a family of their own and Matt and his girlfriend become engaged."

I furrow my eyebrows "what happens to pentatonix and me? Are we still a thing? Are we more successful? Am I happier?" Carlos sighed as he looked back at the little gadget and licks his lips "Pentatonix breaks up after..." He trails off.

I stand up "after what?" Carlos stays silent and looks down "Carlos, after what?" Carlos looks back up and clears his throat "after you commit suicide in 2022." I stand still, not moving an inch.

Suicide? I never even thought about cutting, how can I commit suicide?

"But that's impossible, sure I'm depressed but I would never take my own life."

"Then why am I here Mitch?"

I shrug "to fuck with my life?" Carlos shook his head "you are so depressed that by the time 2022 comes around you can't take it."

I start feeling overwhelmed "stop talking." He keeps going "you see Scott, Kirstie, Kevin and Matt are all happy and you can't help but feel like your life is crashing down all around you."

"No." I step away from him as he keeps talking "you become so mentally drained that you can't take it, so you go to the kitchen, get a knife and cut both your wrists."

"Please, stop." I say with tears now coming out of my eyes. Carlos still doesn't listen though and says "Scott finds you on the floor, lifeless, he is devastated. After that he gets really depressed. His children are left with Mark and Scott can't even focus straight because he lost his best friend. Pentatonix splits up because they never wanted to replace you and everything falls apart."

I start breathing heavier "No!" I cover my ears and sit back in a little corner as I hear the door open and Scott walks in "Oh My God! Mitch are you ok?" I shake my head shakily and he pulls me into his grasp "shhhh, I got you."

We stay like that for a few minutes before Scott says "come on, we have to film little Drummer boy."

I nod and watch as Scott gets up to go to the bathroom. Carlos appears again, crouching in front of me and I stare at him as he says "that is your future if you don't fix this."

He dissapeared and I get up to try and get that out of my mind as soon as possible.

When we got to the set for little Drummer boy, everything was how it was before. I sighed as I walked to my spot and we started filming.

Kirstie came up to me after filming was done "hey, you look out of it?" I look down "If you had the chance to go back and change something...would you?"

Kirstie shrugs with confusion written all over her features "not really. I'm pretty content with how life is right now. What about you?" I let out a little laugh and shrugged.

Scott walked over and smiled "Heyyyy, what's up?" Kirstie and I shook our heads and Scott nodded as he turned towards me "so I was thinking, spongebob and cuddles?"

I knew that's what he was gonna say but it still took me by surprise. I nodded and he put an arm around me as the people running the shoot said "Ok, that a wrap. Nice job everyone."

We all let out a big sigh of relief and start heading back down the mountain. When I start walking I feel a presence behind me and I try my best to ignore it but I can't so I turn to Scott and say "I'll see you at home." Scott gives me a weary look but nods and walks away.

I turn to see Carlos and I sigh "I don't want to talk to you." Carlos nods "I know and I'm sorry to scare you, but you have to know what's at risk here."

I cross my arms and sigh "just tell me what I need to do?" Carlos sighed "I'll give you a hint...who do you love?"

"Scott but-"

I cut myself off as I realize what I need to do "I need to confess my feelings to Scott..." Carlos smirked "bingo." I shake my head "I can't, what if he doesn't feel the same way about me and-"

"He will."

I sigh and look down in deep thought, I make a decision and when I look back up to tell Carlos, he is already gone.

I walk all the way home and when I enter I see Scott making out with Alex on the couch "Oh, Mitch!" Scott says when he sees me.

I act like it doesn't hurt but it does. I put on a fake smile "don't worry. As you were."

I go to my room and lay down in my bed, I would close my eyes but I've learned from the past two times.

How am I supposed to make Scott fall for me? How am I going to tell him that I love and have always loved him?

I don't know how but I need to do it soon...and fast.