Be careful what you wish for??

Mitch woke up to the sun beaming outside his window, but sadly he didn't feel so shiny. He got up and got dressed, today was a Pentatonix tour rehearsal for their 2020 summer show which wasn't looking good right now because Covid keeps getting worse and worse.

Mitch sighed as he grabbed his car keys and walked out his front door. He got in the car and turned the key in the ignition as he started driving to the tour rehearsal space.

When he walked in he saw Scott, Kirstie, Kevin and Matt all talking on the stage. When they spotted Mitch they gave him a big smile.

Mitch put his stuff down and joined them on the stage, putting on his best fake smile and joining their conversation. Scott laughed at something Matt said as Mitch was in a daze.

"Mitch?" Kirstie said as she tapped Mitch's shoulder, making Mitch snap out of it "yeah?" Kevin gave him a weird look "you ok? You look like you're going to be sick?" Mitch shook his head "I'm fine, just....thinking."

Scott gave him a concerning look "about what?" At that very moment the door swung open and Scott's loving boyfriend, Mark, walked in talking with Kevin's fiancee.

Scott gasped "Baby!" Mark laughed as Scott ran to him and gave him a big bear hug. Kirstie noticed Mitch staring at the interaction and whispered "are you sure you're ok?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine."

"Ok, just making sure."

Scott hopped back on stage with the rest of Pentatonix and they started rehearsal.

That's how it was for a couple of days. Mitch zoning out and Kirstie having to snap him out of it. Scott and Mark rubbing their precious love into his face and Mitch getting sick of it.

One day they were practicing 'Aha' and Mitch really felt in his element. Mark was sitting in the front row, watching practice, and Mitch felt like he could actually call him out and not make it known that he's actually calling him out.

When they got through the song, Matt clapped "That was amazing, Mitch." Kevin nodded in agreement as Scott smirked "he's always amazing." Mitch blushed a little but that was quickly cut short when they were told to take a little break and he saw Scott and Mark immediately start to cuddle.

Mitch couldn't take it and so he just ran off. He sighed as he felt the fresh air enter his body, it rained prior to the rehearsal so the air still smelled damp and Mitch sorta felt comfort in the scent.

He walked a few blocks to just clear his head and sighed as he heard his phone buzz a few too many times.

He took his phone out of his pocket and saw that he had 4 messages.

Kit- Mitch! Where r u? Are you ok?

Scotty- Hey, we're not finished with rehearsal. R u ok?

KO- R u ok? Just tell me what's going on?

Matt- hey, just checking in, u good?

Mitch sighed as he replied to all of them, just telling them that he felt really sick and had to go home.

He silenced his phone and then kept walking. He was looking at all the beautiful sights and sounds until he saw some guy riding around on a bike.

That guy was then hit by a car and flown into Mitch's path "OH MY GOSH! Are you ok?" The guy got up and wiped off his clothes "yeah, I'm fine." Mitch was amazed since this guy should be in critical condition yet he looked perfectly ok.

Mitch gave him a skeptical look "are you sure? Let me at least walk you home to see if you're ok for real." The guy sighed "ok, fine." Mitch smiled and said "I'm Mitch, by the way." The guy smiled "Carlos."

Mitch nodded and looked down as they walked in silence. After a few short minutes Carlos spoke "you, ok? You seem...Out of it."

Mitch let out a breathy laugh "you know, everyone keeps asking me that." Carlos shrugged "well, I'm a stranger so if you tell me then I won't know any of your friends and you will never see me again."

Mitch sighed and then told him everything, about the distance between him and his best friend, about how he hasn't been feeling himself lately and about all the struggles he's going through.

Carlos listened through it all and when Mitch was done he said "so what are you going to do?" Mitch shrugged "I don't know. But I wish I could go back in time. Ya know? Go back to when I was actually happy, when my friends and I were just getting started. I wish I could go back in time. Just...start over."

Carlos nodded as Mitch laughed it off "I'm sorry, you're a complete stranger and I'm ranting." Carlos shook his head "no, please I understand. But, look my advice to you is look around you. Take in your surroundings...and when you wake up tomorrow do the same thing and ask yourself what can I do today that will change my tomorrow."

Mitch was shocked "wow, that's actually some really good advice." Carlos laughed "no prob, but my house is that way so thank you for the walk and all, but I think I am fine now."

Mitch nodded "ok, and thank you again." Carlos chuckled "no worries. Just take a deep breath and look around, it could do you some good." Mitch nodded "I will." He then watched as Carlos turned and walked across the street.

Mitch walked into his house and was so tired. It was 11:00pm and he had a long day he just needed sleep.

He fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.
----------------------------
Mitch woke up the next morning to Scott shaking him but he was confused since Scott didn't have a key to his house so what other way could he have gotten in?

Mitch groans and sits up as he notices that he's not in his house, but a hotel room. He looks at Scott who looks way different from what he remembered and actually looks young.

"What the hell?" Mitch whispered to himself as Scott said giddily "Come on Mitch, today's the day that they announce the winners of the sing off. It's our last performance so we have to make it count. Aren't you stoked?"

Mitch rubbed a hand over his face "what are you talking about?" Scott laughs "are you serious? Today is the day we perform one last song before we find out if we won the Sing off or not?"

Mitch was still confused and furrowed his eyebrows as realization dawned on him slowly, he saw his phone sitting on the bedside table.

He clicked it on and saw the date his face went pale white as he read the date.

It was November 28...2011

The day they had won the Sing off...