Pt4 - The Lighter

"Wait- Wilbur? Where is Tubbo?" Wilbur didn't answer. "Wilbur! Where is Tubbo?!" He commanded. "He's in L'manberg- I'm going to go back for him when we get to-" "WAIT UP!" Wilbur spun around, accidentally throwing Tommy into the wall. "OW! WILBUR- WHAT THE FUCK!?" "Sorry Tommy- Tubbo hurry up!" Tubbo skipped steps coming up the stairs. "Tubbo? Tubbo are you there?" Asked Tommy. "Yeah- Yeah Hi Tommy. We have to go. Dream is coming after us" said Tubbo, nearly breathless. "Ok Tommy, we're gonna run again." Wilbur didn't wait for a response before and sprinted off, dragging Tommy behind him.

Wilbur pushed the embassy door open and guided Tommy and Tubbo in, before running back out. "Wilbur what are you doing?!" Yelled Tubbo. "Go inside I'll be right back." "I'm not-" "GO INSIDE AND HIDE!" Tubbo gave up, blowing out the torches and guiding Tommy down the stairs into the basement.
Wilbur searched through his pockets, finding nothing of value except 2 old cigarette lighters. "Why do I- whatever." Wilbur looked at the 2, and noticed that one had a scratched in L'manburg flag. "Perfect." Wilbur put the unscratched lighter back in his pocket and threw the other one on the path at the intersection, slightly on the side that leads to most of the SMP.

Wilbur ran back into the embassy just in time to watch Dream, George, and Punz running up the stairs, followed by Karl. Dream having readorned his mask, looked to the door of the embassy, Wilbur ducking out of sight just in time to avoid him. "What's this on the ground?" Said Punz. George and Karl walked over to look. George picked up the lighter and turned it around. "It has the L'manburg flag on it." Dream looked up from his staring contest with the door. "What has the L'manburg flag?" He asked. "This lighter." replied George. Dream walked over and took the lighter out of his hand. "Where was this?" George pointed to the ground where the lighter was. "They must have dropped it," Said George, "and if they did go that way, they are probably pretty far away. Should we just give-" "WE ARE NOT GIVING UP! Wilbur has two lives left, Tubbo has two lives left, and Tommy has one life left. We can finish this war and finish them with it." declared Dream. Wilbur watched as the group nodded hesitantly, and ran down towards the SMP territory.

Wilbur's spur of the moment plan had worked, surprisingly exactly how he wanted it to, but he knew it wouldn't last forever. He bound down the stairs, turning the corner to suddenly find himself held at crossbow point. "You're getting pretty good at using that crossbow," said Wilbur casually. "I thought they got you!" Said Tubbo with an expression like a horrible weight had been lifted off his back. "I tricked them- but we don't have-" "How did you trick them?" Piped Tommy from the shadow in the corner. "It's not important right now- but what is important is making sure you are OK." Tommy opened his mouth to say something, but closed it when he had nothing to say. He lightly brushed his forehead, but winced quickly and took his hand away.

Wilbur walked over to Tommy with audible footsteps so as to not startle him, and knelt down in front of him. He thought for a second, before pulling the second lighter out of his pocket. "What are you doing?" Asked Tommy. "I'm using my lighter to check your eyes." "How's that going to do anything?" "Just- open your eyes." Tubbo knelt down next to Wilbur to watch. Wilbur flipped the lighter on, causing a small flame to appear, accompanied by a click that caused Tommy to jump a little. Wilbur held the flame in front of Tommy's eyes, moving his hand left to right. He kept his eyes on Tommy's faded eyes to look for any sign of movement, but alas, "Unresponsive." He said quietly. Quietly, but it still shook the room.