Pt.18- Something so horrible

Night had fallen on the SMP, and Karl had returned to the community house to investigate. He knew something was wrong, he just felt it in his bones. Dream would never kill Tommy, take his bandana as a trophy, and just throw it in the corner. He would frame it proudly. The members of L'manberg hadn't made any moves to try and fight them, but that doesn't mean they lost. If Tommy and Tubbo were dead, they probably would have at least made them gravestones, but alas. They hadn't been seen since the day that Dream said the kids had died. Karl held a lantern in front of him, looking for anything that could help him. The floor was patterned to look like the top of a crafting table, which made it difficult to find any irregularities.

Karl stepped as quietly as he could, listening for any sounds of an approaching SMP member. He didn't know how he was meant to explain what he was doing if someone did show up. Karl walked over to the back corner of the house, brushing his shoulder up against the wall. Suddenly a loud sound of metal on metal echoed around the room. The floor in the corner opened up under him, and he was just barely able to stop himself falling into the dark abyss by grabbing onto a ladder rung that appeared out of the wall. "What the hell..?" He whispered to himself. Karl climbed down the mysterious ladder, holding the lantern below him. On the side of the tunnel opposite the ladder there was another button. Karl pressed it, and the hole in the floor closed the same way it opened, and he disappeared into the dark hole.

Suddenly, Karl's feet landed on a solid ground. He felt around, feeling the tunnel still the same on all sides. He placed the lantern on the floor, looking around for a way to help. On the floor, he noticed two latch and hooks, which both he promptly opened, causing the floor he was standing on to swing open, sending him free falling. He only fell around 2 meters, but it was still surprising. His eyes took a moment to adjust to the light, and his body a moment to adjust to the freezing cold. He was in a long hallway, the lights tinted a mysterious blue. It was like he was in a freezer. He looked down each hallway, not being able to see the end of the hall either direction. "Hello?" He called out. His voice echoed down each direction and back to him. "Who are you?" Echoed down from somewhere in the hallway, eventually becoming distorted. "It's Karl- Who's there?" "It's Tubbo. Please help."

Karl's eyes went wide. He tried to pinpoint which direction Tubbo's cry for help came from, and decided to go left. As he ran, it was almost like the hallway grew, the end never appearing but always feeling close. Finally he found it. The end of the hallway. Right at the end and to the right, was a cell. The front was an iron bar door, and inside, against the back wall, was Tubbo. He was beaten and bloodied. He had a black eye, and marks from a deep finger nail scratch from his forehead over his eye and down his cheek. He had a bruise on his head from being kicked in the head. At least one of his fingers was at least broken, and his shirt was torn, showing off more scratch marks that this time could have been done by knives. "Tubbo!? What happened to you?! Tubbo stared wide eyed up at Karl, shivering in the cold. "D-Dream."
Karl fumbled with his pocket knife. The door was locked, but he could always try to pick the lock. This he succeeded at, inserting the blade and turning it, causing the door to swing open. He knelt down next to Tubbo. "We need to get out of here, can you stand?" Tubbo nodded hesitantly, and Karl helped him up. He stood shakily, but was able to regain balance quickly. "Is anyone else in here?" He asked. "I- I think Tommy is in here somewhere." Karl nodded, and he and Tubbo walked together down the hallway. They passed the ladder, continuing down the other side of the hallway. Tubbo turned to look at the ladder. "Is that the way out?" He asked. Karl nodded, and Tubbo looked longingly at it. "We need to save Tommy first," said Tubbo to himself. Karl nodded at this assessment as they came upon the other end of the hallway, and Tommy's cell. They could barely recognize him.

Tommy was awake, his eyes opened, tears running down his face. He was absolutely covered in blood; deep knife wounds on his cheek, nose, and the side of his neck. A bruise was on his forehead from being thrown into the ground, and the middle of his white shirt was sliced through and covered in blood. His lip was also bleeding and swollen. Tubbo almost immediately began to sob. "KARL, UNLOCK IT! UNLOCK IT PLEASE!" He cried. Karl's shaky hands opened the lock as fast as he could, not even having a chance to open it before Tubbo pulled it open and ran to Tommy's side. "Tommy? Can you hear me?" Tommy nodded, and Tubbo hugged him tight. Tommy tried to speak, but his voice was so damaged from being choked out and from screaming during his torture that no sound came out. Karl had expected to find Dream had lied to him, but he never expected even Dream to have the capability to do something so horrible to anyone.

"We- we have to get out of here." Stammered Karl, staring at Tommy." Tubbo was horribly tortured and wounded himself, but he still put his friend before him, doing his best to help him up. Tommy leaned on his shoulders, and tried to take a step, his knees were shaky, but he was able to stand and eventually take a few steps. Tubbo helped him down the hallway, Both their hands not working very well due to the cold. They held their hands over Karl's lantern to warm them up, before Karl then Tubbo climbed the ladder.

Tubbo looked down at Tommy. "You coming?" Tommy gave him a look and put up his bandaged and paralyzed left hand. "Right..." Karl looked around the dark community house. In a chest, he found a woven rope. He tied a loop on the end of the rope and lowered it down to Tommy. "Put your left hand in this and climb the ladder with your right hand." Tommy nodded hesitantly, and put his left hand through the loop and tightened it with his right. Karl and Tubbo pulled on it, practically dragging him up the ladder. 'What the fuck?!' He mouthed, rubbing his red arm starting at the point he could actually feel. "Sorry Tommy, but we have to get out of here." Replied Karl. Tommy stared blankly and nodded. Tubbo grabbed his hand, Karl blew out the lantern, and the three ran to the best of their abilities down the prime path towards Quackity's house.
-
-
Longest Chapter yet!! Sorry about that