Pt.20- What we used to be

Dream appeared in the same spot, standing in a puddle of his own blood. Fundy and Sapnap ran up and grabbed each of Dream's arms. Karl pulled the rope he had used to help Tommy off of his belt. Dream looked at it, recognizing it. "That- that's my rope!" He said. Karl nodded, as he walked behind Dream, tying his hands together. "Why aren't you going to kill me?" He asked again. "Because that's exactly what you want us to do." answered a hoarse and very quiet voice. Dream looked around, spotting the source in the heavily beat up and bleeding Tommy. "Look at me. Look at what you did to me. Does this make you happy?" He whispered. Dream stayed silent, but smiled wide. "You have no idea." He replied, laughing maniacally as he was lead away.

Dream sat in the room they had built for him. It had been 2 days since he had been captured. Sapnap had constructed a sound proof room for him, with a chair built into the center for Dream. That's where he sat. Flickering between rage, insanity, and indifference. Indifference was where he was now, sitting in his chair, his wrists chained to the arms. He sat up straight, keeping every ounce of his dignity. He had had fits of screaming rage, he had had fits of talking to a person who wasn't there, but now he just sat and stared at the wall. He felt nothing in his soul but a burning desire to cause pain. To hear someone scream. To hear Tommy or Tubbo scream.

Tommy sat down next to Tubbo on the bench. Tubbo looked into his unseeing eyes, but he was still able to read that something was bothering him. "Tommy? What's wrong?" Tommy took a breath in. "I want to talk to Dream." He said simply. Tubbo studied him again. "Tommy, i don't know if that's safe. We heard him screaming yesterday. Didn't you hear him? He wants to hurt us." Tommy tilted his head to the ground. "But- Sapnap said there's no way he could get out of there. It's too secure." Tubbo breathed in, and leaned over the table, putting his hand on Tommy's shoulder. "I- okay. I'll take you there." Tommy and Tubbo stood from their spots on the bench. Tommy held onto Tubbo's shoulder, and Tubbo guided them down the prime path.

Tubbo opened the door of the new stone building, guiding Tommy in. The lobby was eerily silent, and Tubbo led Tommy down the hallway to Dream's cell. Tubbo hugged him. "Just come out if it gets to be too much, I- I will be in the lobby." Tommy nodded. Tommy opened the door to the cell, one hand on the wall to figure out where he was. He closed it behind him. "Dream?" Dream looked up at him. "Hello, Tommy. I was just thinking about you." Tommy gulped, now knowing for sure that Dream was somewhere only about 2 meters away from him. He shook with genuine fear, but put on a brave face. "What- What were you thinking about?" Asked Tommy. "I was just thinking about our past. We used to be... such good friends. Do you remember what we used to be?"

Tommy walked over to face Dream. "We were never friends, Dream. I fought against you in a war already." Dream cackled. "But just think, when we weren't fighting, we had so many good times!" Tommy racked his brain, thinking of all the times he had laughed with Dream. "I- yeah. We had some good times, but those will never be enough to call you my friend, after... after what happened. What you did to me. What you did to Tubbo. I will never, ever forgive you." Dream dropped the smile, not that it had mattered in the first place. "Tommy, think about it. It wasn't everything. I had to do it, and I'm sorry." Tommy looked up at hearing the apology, but he quickly looked back down.

"Sorry's just not going to cut it, Dream. I'm not going to be manipulated by you. I'm not going to forgive you. You manipulated your best friends, you tortured my best friend, You tortured me. You are a monster." Dream began to shake with rage, his eyes going wide with his left eye twitching. Pure adrenaline pulsed through his veins. He screamed with fury, forcing his arms up as hard as he possibly could. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU, TOMMY." The chains holding him in place broke from the power of his anger. Tommy heard the chains snap and his eyes went wide. He stepped back. "I AM GOING TO-" His sentence was cut short by the sound of crossbow fire. The arrow pierced his throat, and he collapsed to the ground.

Tubbo stood in the doorway, lowering his bow. "C'mon Tommy," He said, putting his arm around his friend, "It's time to leave. It's time to leave this behind together."

The End.