Pt.13- Do you have a plan?

Nicki ran down the bridge to L'manberg under cover of the dim morning sunrise. The sky was still mostly dark, with little rays of pink lighting up the sky in the distance. The late summer air sent a chill down her spine, and the dew on the grass soaked through her shoes. Nicki, to be completely honest, didn't really have a plan on what to do if Quackity wasn't in his house. She didn't have an excuse for why she was out so early if someone saw her, and she especially didn't have an escape plan if she ran into the Dream team. She tried to step as quietly as she could on the wooden path, as not to draw attention to herself as she sprinted down the stairs

Quackity was laying upside down on his bed, having moved on to trying to sleep but being too on edge to even shut his eyes. Suddenly, he heard a light tapping coming from the door. He wondered if he was hallucinating from lack of sleep, when it came again. Tap tap. "What the fuck-?" He whispered to himself as he spun around and put his feet on the floor. He stood up and tried to look out the window on the door, but the glare from the sunrise made it impossible to see through. He didn't have a sword to grab just in case, so he went to the door unarmed. He turned the lock, and opened the door. "Nicki? What are you doing here so early?" "Oh i'm sorry- did I wake you up?" "No, I haven't been able to sleep." He poked his head out the door and looked either direction down the road, before ushering Nicki in.

Nicki sat down on the sofa across from Quackity. "Did your house get raided, too?" He asked. She shrugged her shoulders. "I'm not sure, I haven't been there." "Why not?" He questioned. "It's- kind of why I'm here. A lot has happened other than the raids in the past day." "What do you mean?" "Where do I start... Okay. So, well I don't know the whole story, but Tommy was fighting with Sapnap when Sapnap threw a potion at him that Dream gave him." Quackity raised his eyebrows. "What kind of potion?" "See that's just it. It wasn't any kind of potion that we have used on this server before. It was some kind- some kind of acid." "What happened?! Is Tommy okay?" Nicki looked at the floor. "Nicki- is Tommy alive?" She nodded. "Barely. He- he well- he can't see anything. He's... blind."

Quackity felt his body go numb, but he nodded. Nicki continued the story. "From what Wil told me, he and Tubbo were surrounded by the Dream Team, and they escaped to the embassy. Later, Wil and Tubbo were fighting and Tommy snuck out, where he found Fundy in L'manberg. He gave himself up to save Fundy." Quackity's eyes went wide. "You said he's alive. Did they capture him?" Nicki shook her head. "He fought Dream somehow, but Dream got the upper hand and slashed him in the side and.. And directly through his hand." "WHAT?!" Nicki nodded and a chill went down her spine. "We brought Tommy back to the embassy and treated him as best we could. Sapnap showed up and-" "Woah woah wait. Sapnap showed up?" "He left Dream because he hadn't told him what the acid was and then drugged him." Quackity was taken aback by how casually she told him about Sapnap being drugged.

Quackity stared at Nicki. "So, is everyone in the Embassy still?" "Yeah, Wilbur, Tubbo, Fundy, Sapnap and I." "Do you need me to bring you guys supplies?" Nicki hesitated. "This is kind of a lot to ask, but uh- well- um... Can we stay in your house?" Quackity thought for a second. "Why is here any better than the embassy?" "Well, Sapnap guessed our location no issue when he went looking for us. Dream is pretty smart, and when he sets out again to try and kill us he will probably check the embassy first." Quackity nodded. "Yeah. Yeah okay. Do you have a plan?" Nicki thought for a minute. "We- we could try and get the team to search your house again, move everyone into your house before they search the embassy. I could leave something of ours outside to draw attention to this place." "Sounds like a plan."

Quackity and Nicki walked in to the embassy doors as quietly as they could. It was a little lighter outside, making it harder to just slip through the SMP undetected, but no one was awake or if they were they hadn't noticed. "I found him," Called Nicki down the stairs. Fundy stood up and walked across the basement towards them as they descended into the cellar. "Hey Nicki, Quackity. Did you run in with anyone?" He asked. Nicki shook her head. "Luckily, no. I already explained the situation." Quackity nodded in greeting to everyone, including Sapnap. "How are you guys holding up down here?" "We are okay, with the storage room we have at least water access and a little bit of food."

Quackity's eyes were suddenly drawn to Tommy on the mattress, covered in bandages and severely burned on the forehead. "Tommy? I didn't think you'd be awake." Tommy smiled. "Yeah, no one else did either. Funny how that works, I guess. From what everyone said, they thought I might never wake up." "Hey! That's not true!" Interjected Tubbo. "I- I knew you would make it." Tommy laughed grimly. "Yeah, sure you did Tubbo." reuniting with Tommy was a bittersweet experience, he was so physically beaten down, but he still had a similar dynamic with everyone from what he could tell. He was still the same kid.