Pt.12- Incapacitated

"We have to find him!" said George. Dream was fuming. He stared at George with a permanent scowl on his face. "It's no use. He's not going to just rejoin us, and I don't have enough of that dark oak extract to keep him asleep." Karl shifted in his chair at the mention of the drugs Dream used on Sapnap. "Hey, Dream?" Dream looked up at him. "What, Karl?" "Don't you think it was kind of, you know, not a good thing to drug Sapnap? Like- he's your friend. He could have stayed on our side and ended the war in a peace treaty or something. Instead you drugged him and he ran away." Dream's eyes widened and he slapped Karl across the face as fast and hard as he could. "DON'T YOU SEE?! WE DON'T WANT PEACE! WE WANT THEM TO BE GONE FOREVER!" Karl stepped back from Dream, a giant red mark on the left half of his face, tears in his eyes.

"SAPNAP LEFT US BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DID TO HIM! THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" Yelled Karl. "You can't keep our loyalty by drugging our friend and slapping us around!" Dream's face turned red and he stood up straight. "Do you want to lose?" he asked simply. "No- I don't want to lose, but I don't want to win like this! In fact, I'd rather lose than win by killing a 16 year old blind kid." Dream smiled a vicious smile at Karl, shaking with rage. "You know what, Karl? You're right. We won't kill just Tommy. We'll just have to kill all of them."

"We can't stay here forever." Said Wilbur. The group was sitting in a circle around Tommy's mattress to include him in their meeting. "Where else could we go? We only have so many places to safely set up base with a steady supply of resources." Replied Nicki. "Yeah, here works for now because we have the storage room for supplies, but it's only a matter of time before they find us." Responded Wil. "Have you guys heard from Quackity yet?" Asked Tommy. "No, I guess we could try and find him. He's probably a little confused at why we all just suddenly disappeared," replied Wilbur. Everyone nodded in agreement. "Word has to have spread, at least a little, seeing how I saw the Dream team raiding people's houses before Fundy found me." Said Nicki. "Is that what you were doing? With the knife and all?" Asked Fundy. "Yeah sorry about that." laughed Nicki.

No one really had anything to say, leaving everyone in a silence. Tommy, having no way to just stare at the floor found it very easy to just zone out into your thoughts. Being in his head so much more was a little bit of a rude awakening for him, but it did give him a medium to process everything that had happened to him and the people he loved in the past two days. "When do you think my side will heal?" Asked Tommy. Wil sat down next to him on the mattress. "I don't know, Tommy, but don't worry. It's going to be okay." Tommy rubbed his temples with his finger and thumb of his right hand in frustration. "I hate being incapacitated. I want to help!" "I know," said Wilbur, having no real comforting words, because he knew that telling Tommy that he might never be able to help in the same ways wouldn't help the situation.

Quackity sat in his house as he had been all night, twiddling his thumbs as the sun rose. The Dream team minus Sapnap had raided his house yesterday, taking his armor and sword with them but mostly leaving him unharmed. They hadn't mentioned to him why they were suddenly doing the looting, but they left after a short amount of time. Quackity had decided that going to find new items when he had no protection when to the best of his knowledge, the Team was still pillaging everyone. He heard some screams late yesterday night, assuming it was someone getting looted and not cooperating with the netherite bound army. He thought that eventually his army would come looking for him, or maybe make some kind of disturbance of their own that he could go join, but he hadn't seen or heard from any of them in a while. They probably hadn't been captured or something, because Quackity was included in the group that would have been taken if they had been.
The group sat in silence again, Tubbo sitting back on the floor next to Tommy. "So, about Quackity," said Fundy, breaking the silence, "We should probably fill him in on what's going on, assuming he's okay." "I never even thought of the possibility that he could be not okay." said Nicki, staring blankly at the floor with wide eyes. "I will go and find him." Said Fundy abruptly. Nicki shook her head. "No, Fundy. They know that you are with us. You were there when they ran away, but they never saw when I came to help. I could slip past them better." The group nodded hesitantly. "When will you go?" Asked Wil. "As soon as I can go." Wilbur checked his pocket watch. "It's 6:32am. It's still a little dark out, so if you want to go now-" "Yes- I want to go now." interrupted Nicki. "O-okay. Be safe." said Fundy as he hugged her. "Take my sword with you." Said Sapnap. Nicki opened her mouth, but then just shook her head. "I think that would draw too much attention." Sapnap nodded. "Okay everyone, I'll be back soon." Nicki smiled at the group, and she took off up the stairs and in to the morning air.