Pt.17- A Distant Thought

TRIGGER WARNING: DESCRIPTION OF TORTURE
-
Tommy opened his eyes, finding himself once again in a sea of darkness. He successfully gasped for breath, finding himself not in Dream's headlock, but on a cold stone floor. He waved his hands around to figure out how big the room was. He determined himself to be in a corner, and the ceiling was at least high enough that he couldn't reach it from his seat on the ground. The room was freezing, causing his functional hand to feel cold and numb. He couldn't see it, but each exhale was visible in the air. He shivered as he was wearing only his t-shirt and shorts. His shoes were missing, as was one sock. Tommy's ears were ringing, but his hearing slowly adjusted. He heard a faint sound, but he couldn't tell where it came from, or even if it was real.

He sat still, as to hear better. His ears continued to adjust. "Where are they going?" Tommy heard a scream of pain echo around the room from a ways away. "I DON'T KNOW!" "Yes you do." Another scream of pain. "I WOULDN'T TELL YOU IF I DID KNOW!" The sound of a slap echoed. "THAT'S EXACTLY THE PROBLEM, TUBBO." Tommy's eyes went wide. "TUBBO?!" He yelled, his voice very broken. "TOMMY!" Yelled Tubbo in reply. Dream slapped Tubbo hard in the face again, knocking him to the ground. His nose bled down his face and he sported a black eye. "LEAVE HIM ALONE, DREAM." yelled Tommy. "QUESTION ME INSTEAD!" Dream let out a laugh. "Gladly!" Tommy tensed up as heavy footsteps echoed closer and closer to him, until they stopped right in front of him.

"Hello, Dream." Said Tommy. A metal creaking sound echoed as Dream opened the iron barred door. Dream laughed to himself. "Are you scared, Tommy?" Tommy shook his head. Dream laughed again. "You're shaking." "Well it is freezing in here." "...and it will only get colder if you stay quiet." Tommy smiled bitterly. "I don't think anyone has ever told me to not be quiet." "You really are a cocky fuck." "That's my brand, Dream! It doesn't matter what shit you do to me I'm still a cocky fuck." "Well, I'll make it my personal mission to change that." Dream grabbed Tommy by the head and threw him to the stone floor. His lack of vision and disorientation caused this to come as a surprise, and his forehead received the brunt of the force. His head felt like it weighed 20 pounds on his shoulders and he laid on the ground. "You're pathetic." Said Dream, kicking him in the head. "I did a pretty good job fighting you the first time, you know, without use of my eyes. I kicked you around, literally."

Dream stayed quiet. He shook in place. His eyes going wide, and his mouth becoming a toothy grin. He breathed heavily through his teeth. He humiliated him. He wanted to kill him. He shook as he pulled a knife from his belt. Ran the blade down the wall. Tommy's eyes went wide, hearing the metal on the stone. Dream knelt down next to Tommy. Dream pressed the back of the knife into Tommy's throat. "I could kill you, Tommy." He said, shakily. "You are powerless." Tommy's eyes stared forward, and he shook in both cold and fear. Dream took the knife away from Tommy's throat, but held the knife close to his face. He suddenly flipped the knife over so the edge faced Tommy. Dream smiled, before dragging the knife along Tommy's cheek.

Tommy let out a cry of pain, a deep gash from his temple to the corner of his mouth. Tommy's scream was echoed by a faint call from Tubbo, somewhere in the distance.  Blood dripped down Tommy's face and into his mouth. Dream took the knife out of Tommy's cheek, slicing directly across the bridge of his nose. Tommy screamed for help, and Dream laughed maniacally. "There's no one down here to help you Tommy. You will die down here. Alone. In the cold." Tommy pushed himself away with his right hand. He pushed himself over to a corner in the cell. Dream followed him. "You asked for this, Tommy." Tommy shook his head. "I told you I would give you information." Dream dropped to his knees and leaned over Tommy, pinning his shoulders down with his full weight.

"What is it you want to know?" Asked Tommy. Dream pressed and point of his knife into the center of Tommy's chest. "What are your friend's plans? How do they plan to defeat me?" Tommy laughed weakly, said laugh was answered by the knife being dug further into his shirt, breaking the fabric and the skin behind it. "Okay okay! They- They're going to the forest, the one across from L'manberg." He coughed, "They were going to Quackity's house before to get supplies, but then they were going to go to escape the forest." Dream dug the knife in further, before dragging it down suddenly. Tommy screamed as the fabric from his shirt was torn and a large painful gash from his chest to his waist appeared in the silver blade's wake.

"Why are you doing this?" Choked Tommy. "Because I-" He paused. "Because I am the most powerful person here. You- You humiliated me. You have humiliated me so many times. Declaring Independence for your little walled off plot of land on my server. Defeating me in war. From now on, defeating me will be a distant thought. An impossible feat. With you out of the way, I am indestructible."