Pt.15- It's Okay

"So you drugged your friends so you would get further? So, what? They wouldn't hold you back?" Yelled Sapnap, taking the front of the group. "If you don't shut up right now I'm going to shoot your new friends. Maybe I can even end some of their lives." Said Dream, gesturing to Tommy. "C'mon. Punz? George? Don't you see what Dream is doing?" Punz and George gave each other uneasy looks. "He's using you!" Just then, a shot rang out, Dream aiming the crossbow directly at Tommy. The arrow spun through the air at rapid force, prepared to puncture Tommy's throat. Just Before Dream's arrow could effectively end Tommy's last life, Wilbur spun around, shielding Tommy with his back faced towards Dream. "FUCK!" Cried Wilbur, the arrow piercing him deep in the shoulder. Blood immediately began to spread on his jacket, but he stayed standing, doing his damnedest to make sure Tommy didn't fall.

"WIL?" cried Tommy into Wilbur's shoulder. "I- I'm fine." He choked out. Wilbur stayed where he was, the arrow sticking out of his bloodied back, but he continued to shield Tommy. Tubbo ran over to them, aiming his own loaded crossbow at Dream. "B- Back off!" He yelled, staring daggers into Dream's face. Wilbur began to sway in place, and now it was Tommy's turn to keep him from falling. Tubbo took some of the weight off of Tommy and they lowered Wil to the ground. Sapnap took his turn protecting them, his eyes wide but aggressive. Fundy guarded the back of the group, looking between Punz and George. Niki ran over to tend to Wil. Tommy leaned on Tubbo's shoulders, his pale unseeing eyes wide and uncharacteristically scared. "What do you want from us?!" Yelled Tubbo. "This is war, Tubbo." "This is war but you are a monster! A horrible, merciless, crazy, manipulative-" Dream's face flashed between hatred, before it became nothing but pure glee in anticipation. "George? If you would kindly do as we discussed?"

George nodded hesitantly, not saying anything to his friend. He stepped forward, walking behind Tommy and Tubbo. Dream practically skipped off the hill, walking around next to George. Punz walked around to block the part of the path left vacant by Dream. Sapnap stared at Dream. "What are you doing?" He asked them in haste. Dream grinned at Sapnap, before running forward and grabbing Tommy by the collar, pulling him back into a tight headlock. George rushed forward and did the same to Tubbo. Dream pointed the tip of his crossbow at Tommy's neck.

"Surrender your weapons, or he dies." Dream called to Sapnap. Tommy attempted to pull himself free, but with limited range of motion and a paralyzed hand, it was no use. "DON'T DO IT!" Yelled Tommy to his friends, slightly breathless. Tubbo pulled on George's bandaged and broken fingers and was nearly able to pull free, but George was able to act quickly,  slamming the handle of his sword into the top of Tubbo's head, causing him to immediately fall limp. "Tubbo?!" called Tommy, hearing his friend fall to the ground beside him. Punz pointed his sword at Fundy's back, who had let his guard down in order to watch Dream. "Surrender your weapons." Repeated Dream. "TOMMY!" Yelled Wilbur, with a weak and hoarse yell. "It's okay! I- I'll be okay." Replied Tommy. Fundy dropped his sword at his feet. Tommy's eyes went wide again. "Don't do it- c'mon-" Nicki dropped the sword she was holding. Sapnap looked from Dream, to Tommy, to his sword, before dropping it on the path and stepping back.

Dream grinned, pushing his mask up on top of his head. "I do often go back on my promises," said Dream, to the widened eyes of everyone around him, "But today, I'm feeling merciful." Dream put his one hand around Tommy's neck, and the other holding his head up by the chin.. He tried to scream, but Dream pushed on his throat so he couldn't breathe. "TOMMY!" yelled Wilbur, his voice increasingly hoarse, Tommy opened his mouth to scream. But no sound came out. He cried silently, physically unable to actually make noise. He was turning increasingly blue from lack of oxygen. He closed his eyes, and smiled weakly. 'It's okay.' He mouthed, before passing out. Dream dragged him by his under arms, Tommy's limp head hanging.

Wilbur tried to yell again, but couldn't anymore, only coughing. Nicki pulled the arrow from Wil's back, noting the tip to be tinted green. "It's poison tipped." she said quietly. Fundy and Sapnap knelt beside Wilbur, who was by that point hyperventilating from both the pain and having just watched his friend and his younger brother, who had both been through so much already, be choked out and dragged away to an unknown fate.

Once the Dream team had disappeared into the SMP, Quackity ran from his house. He had noticed the commotion only after the group was already practically taken down, and thought it unwise to give up their newest hiding spot by appearing to help, not that he could have done anything by then. Nicki did her best to help Wilbur slow his breathing, and Fundy and Sapnap helped him up. Wil used them as supports, which was difficult because of how tall he is, and they all walked, in shock, defeat, and fear, down the path to Quackity's house.

Their Luck seemed to have run out, but now they had to hope that they had just enough to save their friend's lives.