Camp, Is It?

Holly Short had assured Artemis that if he needed her, all he had to do was call. Since she was a Major now, all it would take was a flash of her badge and she could be flying to the surface on the most expensive luxury shuttle. The plane touched down. Artemis and Butler checked out, frightened a few officers with Butler's size and came out of the airport into Manhattan. As Artemis watched, three people about his own age appeared on the road. Not the shielding kind of appearance done by fairies. They seemed to melt out from the shadows. Artemis was spooked for a second but didn't let it show on his face.

       One of the kids doubled over the moment they appeared. Artemis saw the other kids giving him something and he straightened. They checked something that looked like a photo,conferred among themselves for a few moments then started walking over to Artemis. "Wait, Butler" said Artemis ,for of course Butler was reaching for his gun. "Let's see what they want."

The three kids came over. Two boys and a girl. The girl reminded Artemis of Minerva Paradizo with her blond curls and defiant expression. The second boy looked like your average teenager with dark hair and green eyes. The last boy was pale and skinny and seemed to give off a different vibe than the two others. All three looked very serious, which Artemis for some reason, found funny. His mouth curved into a smile, but only for a centimeter.

"Hello. I am Annabeth Chase. This is Percy Jackson, and that is Nico di Angelo." She gestured to Green-Eye and then Pale-Kid.

"Artemis Fowl the Second. This is my bodyguard, Butler." Artemis said. " How can I help you?" The kids exchanged glances. Then Percy said, " We have orders to take you to a camp. You are a demigod."

Artemis raised an eyebrow, nodded and asked "Are you Roman?" Percy seemed taken aback for a second. This was not what he expected.

"Why do you ask?"

Artemis smiled." Why, if you will tattoo SPQR in your arm, then..."

"Oh" said Percy," That. It is true that the tattoo represents what you think, but I am Greek."

Artemis nodded like he understood, which of course he did. Percy was still in awe of the way the kid seemed.

"Well, then shall we go?"

"Oh, yes." said Artemis, his mind racing. Maybe he could gauge the truth about these events he had been tracking. After all, demigods could well have been the events' cause. The hailed a taxi and rode off.

The moment they turned at a road, a man who had been standing on the pavement plucked what looked like a mobile from his pocket, pressed a button and said, "Target has gone with them." Then he raced down the road.