Won't They Stay Dead

A/N : I. OWN. NOTHING. 

Leo: That sounds sad. 

Me: * Glare* 

Leo: *Nervously* You know what? Forget I said that. Stop looking at me and start reading the chapter, go on.

               Everyone stared. Percy was quite startled and he had fallen in Tartarus. (Not something he liked to boast about.) Back from the dead? But didn't go to the underworld? How was that even possible? His thoughts were interrupted by a certain raven-haired boy in a suit. He was typing furiously in his laptop.

 " I know you may not believe me. But allow me to explain." Artemis said, opening his arms wide as if he were a magician about to prove a doubtful audience wrong.

                " My death was unusual. Unique in fact. I died because I was part fairy. Will you hear me out? A friend of mine who was a fairy helped me get the fairy demons from Limbo. Long story and the demons are not bad. Well, one of them was, but he got turned into a guinea pig." 

At this, Annabeth smirked at Percy, who felt mortally embarrassed. Artemis did not look up as he continued. 

"But when we came back from Limbo, me and my friend switched eyes. So, I became part fairy. But then came an evil maniac pixie on a vendetta to become the messiah of Earth. I stopped her by creating a magical backwash and since she was a fairy, she died. And at the same time, I died too because of the magical eye. I was dead for 6 months. I was drawn to the Underworld, but owing to my cause of death, I was also drawn toward the Afterlife, a place where fairy souls go after death. So I was balanced and managed to stay on Earth. Then my fairy friends made me a clone body and I was brought back to life. Any questions? I won't answer if you do have one, so don't even think about it. Now, thinking of this, I have another realization." he said, looking around at the awe-struck faces all around him.

                   " That realization is about the vengeful pixie I mentioned earlier. Her name is Opal Koboi. Before the time I killed her, she tried to lead the humans against the fairies. So, she had a human pituitary gland planted in her head. The gland effectively humanized her, without any magical power. The magic she had during our final smackdown was illegal and temporary. So just like me, she may have been stranded on Earth as well. After we left Fowl Manor, reports were given of seeing strange creatures in the lawn, but it was dismissed. But now, I think a clone might have been made for her too and she might be brought back to Earth. Opal Koboi is alive. She is the only one with the capability to do that to my machine. And she did it as an opening act. She is a full-tilt diva. She wants to take over the world and she wants to be seen doing it."

 No one except Butler understood the implication of this. If Opal was back this would make his job of protecting his principal 10 times harder. And Artemis would insist on being all noble and saving the earth. Annabeth looked dubious. 

"So what? We just finish her off. Problem solved."

 Artemis glared at the screen like that could change the information there and said,

 " It's not that easy. If Opal is back it means something worse." 

"And what might that be?" asked Annabeth, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Artemis looked up from his laptop and stared directly at her. She felt a shiver go down her spine, and it was supposed to be summer. She felt what he was going to say before he said it. 

" Opal is alive. And I am sure of something else. She brought someone else back to life. Someone who is a threat to the world as well. Kronos is alive."