Morse Code

Chiron stamped his hoof on the floor and everyone fell silent. Looking at Chiron, both Artemis and Butler couldn't help but smile. Foaly, also a centaur among the fairy people, was the polar opposite of Chiron. He was chaotic, unorganized and totally not noble.

"Today we have a new camper here, Artemis Fowl, descendant of Athena and Hephaestus."

Everyone clapped politely but Artemis could notice them shifting uneasily as they saw Butler. Artemis was not overly annoyed about this, but what did annoy him was the fact that everyone was staring at him too, wondering what to make of him. Artemis had once preferred attention but after meeting Minerva Paradizo that had changed. Now he preferred to be anonymous, to work from the shadows. And now he was starting to get seriously annoyed.

"... Tomorrow we will be playing Capture The Flag." Chiron was saying.

All right. That's it. Now go to the amphitheatre for the bonfire and sing-along." he said and everyone started going there, and not quietly. Almost everyone.

Percy, Annabeth, Nico and another scrawny kid stayed behind. Percy caught Artemis' eye and waved him over. Artemis went. "This is Leo Valdez." said Percy nodding towards the scrawny kid. "He is your brother. I think. Or whatever. A son of Hephaestus."

They shook hands. Artemis noticed that Leo's other hand was tapping the table. Morse code. The same message over and over. I love Calypso.

Artemis smiled.

"So, Leo, do you often use Morse Code?" he asked. Leo's face went a deep shade of red. Only a few people at Camp knew Morse Code and they did not care about his constant tapping.

"Sometimes. " he said.

Then Artemis noticed how tired Leo looked. Glancing back, he saw Butler looking as tired as he himself was but trying to hide it. So he said goodbye to them and walked off towards the Hephaestus cabin with Butler following him like a supernatural tail.