Judo-Flipped

Previously, on Artemis Meets The Demigods : 

                   As soon as Annabeth shook the stars from her eyes, she was up and brandishing her knife. When she saw the trio, her hand went slack, the knife falling to the ground. She stared at Percy, then pounced.

              Percy barely had time to give out a strangled yelp before falling to the ground with a loud thud. But Annabeth, was hugging him so tightly, his eyes almost popped out. Tears were falling freely down her face. Percy , though surprised, hugged her back. 

" Um... Wise Girl? Can you, you know... move a bit? I am suffocating here."

But Annabeth just shook her head.

" No. I am not letting you go. Not again."

" It's fine Wise Girl. It's alright. I am right here."

Annabeth cupped his face in her hands staring at every part of his face. Eyes, ears, nose, mouth everything were where they should be. No parts peeping out at odd angles. A little bit of soot here and there but nothing more. Satisfied, she pulled him into a long, deep and proper kiss. And at that moment, everything else vanished. No upcoming wars. No double villians to fight. They could have been in Maldives for all they cared. But Artemis and Foaly, being tactless as always, cleared their throats loudly, jerking the couple back to the present. Both Annabeth and Percy scrambled up, blushing furiously. Holly slapped Artemis and Foaly upside their heads.

" Can't you see they were having a moment? You just had to ruin that."

Foaly shrugged. " Holly, we have work to do. Hugs and kisses can come later."

But Annabeth barely heard this conversation. She was focused on Percy. Waiting for an explanation. Percy nervously scratched the back of his neck. 

" uh... sorry? It had to be done, Annabeth. It was essential. Or Artemis' plan would have failed."

" Wait. This was a plan? You two planned this?" Annabeth rounded on Artemis, who raised his hands in a 'I don't know anything' gesture. But his face could not quite pull off the innocent gesture. 

" Ow!!!" moaned Artemis after getting judo-flipped by Annabeth. 

" That's for making it look like you two died." she said. Then gave him a hug. 

" And that's for making sure you two didn't die."

Butler intervened. " Okay, now that we are all reacquainted, we should plan our next move."

Artemis nodded. " We need to inform Chiron about everything so he can make up some story to cover up the disappearance of you three."

Everyone agreed. Not that they could do anything else. An Iris-Message, a drachma and a request to Fleecy later, Chiron appeared in the rainbow. He did not look surprised in the least. In fact he was smiling slightly.

" I was wondering when you would call."

" So you noticed my signal?"

" It was hard not to miss."

" I don't think the rest of the camp did."

" Well, they were worried too much about their leader. So what do you want me to do?"

" Nothing  much. Just make up a story to cover up their disappearance."

" Alright. Will do. Good luck." The mist dissolved.

Artemis turned to the others. " Now, let's plan, shall we?"