Chapter 6 - Cedarpaw

Cedarpaw padded into the clearing, his friend Lilypaw had brought loners into camp the day before, and now he was confined to camp. Cedarpaw dropped the mouse he'd killed on top of the fresh-kill pile, his muzzle wrinkled up as he smelt something foul. He sifted through the pile and found a scrawny vole, it's belly alive with maggots. Cedarpaw picked it up and took it out of camp, he stopped at an old tree and dropped it onto the soft ground. He pushed soil on top of the vole and thanked StarClan for the vole's sacrifice. He trotted back into camp and saw the familiar brown coat of Lilypaw. He brushed up against Lilypaw, Cedarpaw sat down with his friend and purred.
Lilypaw's green eyes were focused on a pile of rotting leaves, Cedarpaw looked at them too, Lilypaw hadn't even noticed that Cedarpaw was there. Cedarpaw's blue eyes flicked to one of the loner kits, Maple. Cedarpaw walked to Maple and smiled.
"Hiya mister!" Maple beamed, Maple was eating a plump mouse with Mothkit.
"hello, you're Maple, right?" Cedarpaw asked with a smile.
"Yis I am!"
Mothkit looked up at Cedarpaw.
"This is Cedarpaw! He's gonna be a big warrior like Cherrywater one day!" Mothkit grinned, looking at Cedarpaw. Cedarpaw smiled.
"That day is going to be today, my warrior ceremony is gonna be at sunhigh!" Cedarpaw announced, making Maple gasp in awe. Mothkit flicked his thin tail.
"Does that mean Leopardpaw is gonna be alone in the apprentice den?" Mothkit asked, looking at the ginger apprentice across the clearing. Cedarpaw nodded.
"You're gonna join her soon, don't worry" Cedarpaw mewed gently.
Cedarpaw's ears pricked to the sound of his leader calling. His belly twisted with anxiety and excitement, he sat down in the clearing, his paws trembling.
"Cats of ChervilClan! I bring you all here today to witness this young apprentice become a warrior." Sagestar's fur bristled in the wind, Cedarpaw stood.
"Cedarpaw, you have completed your training under our humble deputy, Snailwillow. By the power of StarClan, I gift you your warrior name. From now on you will be known as Cedarleap!"
"Cedarleap! Cedarleap!" Cedarleap's heart felt as light as a mouse's paws running through the undergrowth. He looked around for Lilypaw, but couldn't find the brown and cream tom among the crowd of cats. Cedarpaw's blue eyes scanned the camp desperately, the sounds of cats around him fading away into nothing but a faint ringing. He ran out of camp, emotions flooding his senses.