Chapter 15 - finally home

((i lied about the frequent updates thing my laptop broke))

Lilypaw sighed, everything was aching but he was back. In his den, in his nest. He heard someone come in.

"L-Lilypaw?" It was Cedarleap, Lilypaw lifted his head, Cedarleap looked in disbelief.
"it's me, yeah"
"I thought- we all- we held a funeral and everything"
"oh" Lilypaw and Cedarleap sat in silence for a moment, the two toms not knowing how to react.

"How's your family doing?" Lilypaw asked, asking out of pure curiosity
"What family? My brother? He's the same as always." Cedarleap seemed tense.
"Snakestorm told me he fathered kits, is that true?"
"How would I know? He doesn't talk to me" Heartbreak tinged his mew.
Cedarleap's claws sank into the dirt, Lilypaw didn't know what to say anymore. Cedarleap seemed...mad? Lilypaw couldn't tell.
"Lilypaw, do you remember back when we were kits? And you promised me you'd never leave?"
"Is that what this is about? You think I left you? Before even asking where I've been, or what I've been through???" Lilypaw's nose twitched, how could Cedarleap act so entitled??
Cedarleap's black and white fur bristled in the soft wind, his clear blue eyes scanning over Lilypaw like an eagle searching for prey.
"think what you will, Lilypaw." Cedarleap turned and walked out.

Blizzardpaw walked into the den next, gently smiling at Lilypaw.
"How are your pads feeling?"
"sore"
"stay off them for a while, I can help out while you heal"
"shouldn't you be like- doing warrior stuff?" Lilypaw laughed a little.
"doesn't mean I can't help"
"true"
"I'd assume you aren't going to the half-moon meeting?" Blizzardpaw sat, finishing the herb sorting that he hadn't before.
"Oh StarClan, that's today? Time flies." Lilypaw wriggled out of his nest and sat beside Blizzardpaw.
"hey- get back in bed mouse-brain" Blizzardpaw laughed a little bit, Lilypaw stuck his tongue out and started sorting herbs with Blizzardpaw.

the seconds turned to minutes, and the minutes to hours. Before he knew it, Snakestorm treaded in and knocked the two toms out of their conversation.
"Lilypaw, Blizzardpaw, let's go."
"What-?" Blizzardpaw looked taken aback
"Half-moon meeting, come on"
"Snakestorm- I'm back, you don't need Blizzardpaw"
"Blizzardpaw is my apprentice fair and square, it's StarClan's will."
"You can't just have two apprentices!" Blizzardpaw objected, hissing at Snakestorm.
"Fine, then. Blizzardpaw, we're going to be late."
Lilypaw blinked, had he really been replaced? How could that be?
"no." Blizzardpaw hissed, Snakestorm inched closer.
"Blizzardpaw, don't make me force you to come."
"I'm not going"
"yes, you are." Snakestorm hissed, locking eyes with the small tom.
Blizzardpaw objected again, Snakestorm didn't bother with a reply and slashed Blizzardpaw's cheek, leaving a shallow cut below his eye.
"SNAKESTORM"
It was Sagestar, standing in the cave entrance. The grey and white tom's fur was bristling with anger, Snakestorm turned around, looking angry.
"how dare you, attack an apprentice half your size?"
"I had to make him! You don't understand"
"Snakestorm, I excused you after Shockpaw. This was your last chance."
"What?" Lilypaw looked at Snakestorm confusedly.
Sagestar looked at Snakestorm disappointedly, walking to the meeting clearing.

"ALL CATS OF CHERVILCLAN, OF ANY AGE, OF ANY SIZE. I CALL UPON YOU TO JOIN ME"
That was a meeting call that Lilypaw had never heard before, he limped into the clearing with Blizzardpaw, who was shaking.
"Our medicine cat has attacked poor Blizzardpaw for no reason, I have made a decision on her punishment."
Snakestorm looked up at Sagestar, her tail lashing.
"exile."