Chapter 18 - Rising Spirits.

Lilysplash inched away from Heronpath, his fur bristling.
"what? Never seen a cat before?" Heronpath hissed, Thrushpaw visibly winced.
"how long have you been his apprentice-?" Lilysplash inquired, looking at his old friend.
"a couple days now- Archstar doesn't want me becoming a warrior"
"why not-?" Lilysplash was taken aback, how could a leader just deny one of their apprentices the ability to become a warrior?
"she-" He looked to Heronpath, who seemed to be out of it. "she thinks Heronpath is losing his mind- she wants a replacement" He spoke in a hushed whisper, making sure nobody else could hear.

Lilysplash blinked"I guess- he does seem a little less groomed today" Lilysplash commented, watching Heronpath itch at his own pelt.
Shredrun cleared his throat

"Medicine cats- something vile and evil roams our land, killing our own and making fools of us."
Bluebranch nodded, looking at the moonpool.
"I think from now on, all of us should travel in groups. One experienced cat with a less experienced one. Heatherweb, I'd like for you to stay with Thrushpaw, and Heronpath I'd like you to stay with Lilysplash."
Lilysplash's heart dropped.
"why can't I go with Heatherweb?"
"I want both you and Heatherweb to learn the SlopeClan rocks, worst case scenario we'll have to evacuate to the mountain."
"that's fox dung! I don't want to go with Heronpath! He's creepy!" Lilysplash yowled, Heronpath watched him with hate-filled eyes.
"Lilysplash! You're acting like a kit! You're going with Heronpath, that's final" Bluebranch hissed, digging his claws into the sand.
"and you, Shredrun, you will stay in camp, I will take Littleclaw with me to find herbs" Bluebranch turned to the blind cat, speaking to him in a gentle tone, Lilysplash could tell Bluebranch wasn't putting Shredrun in camp just for his blindness.
"we will rotate between camps, Badgerstar is going to tell your leaders tonight while we meet here. Today, Heronpath and Lilysplash will stay with SlopeClan, and Heatherweb and Thrushpaw will be with FernClan. I will watch ChervilClan while Shredrun watches BayClan. Meeting dismissed." 
Lilysplash stood, looking at Heronpath.
Heronpath's unkempt fur bristled in the moonlight.
"Shall we go, Lilysplash?" Heronpath spoke, suddenly appearing completely sane.
"yes- we should-" Lilysplash's stomach crawled, his heart pounding.
Heronpath led Lilysplash away from the beach and towards the mountains. Then stopped. Lilysplash wondered what he was thinking, before Heronpath turned.
"you aren't getting away that easily, Lilysplash." Heronpath mewed coldly, putting one of his paws ontop of Lilysplash's.
He unsheathed his claws, holding Lilysplash's paw down.
"you have to realise my dear Lily, that the other medicine cats follow my every word, you were put with me because poor senile Heronpath begged to be put with his hero, Lilysplash. And now we're stuck with one another. Until they find the body, that is."
Lilysplash was silent, Heronpath opened his mouth and latched his jaw around Lilysplash's neck.
~~

A/N:Hi! It's Tomfoolery here :) uhhh,, hope you don't mind the cliffhanger after the uh,, 4 month break? This is actually where this book ends! There will be a 2nd book, but uhhh don't expect that until probably mid 2022? I'm a veryy slow writer. But there should be multiple chapters released at that point though! Thinking maybe the 3 first chapters?
also it wouldnt format right so its not centred sorry