Chapter 9 - The Gathering

Cedarleap walked through the marshland, his paws were slightly damp from stepping in puddles. His mind wandered to his friend Lilypaw, he hadn't been back in camp for days. Cedarleap smelt a foul scent, and his head turned to see FernClan cats approaching from behind. He saw Snailwillow speed up the pace, and kept up beside his old mentor. They reached the clearing where they held their gatherings, Archstar and Badgerstar were already on their rocks, each leader had a large rock, there were tally marks on each rock for the passed leaders who sat on them. Cedarleap looked around, there were many new cats here, all with a new scent. 'SlopeClan!' He thought, he held his tail high in the air as he sat next to an old friend from BayClan. "Greyspots!" Cedarleap looked at the cream and grey cat, her tail was short and her fur was soft. 
"Cedarpaw, how've you been?"
"Cedarleap- actually-" He smiled, as Greyspots gasped and pushed him gently with a paw.
"Really? Congratulations!" She grinned, Cedarleap looked at the four leaders. Badgerstar, the leader of BayClan. Sheepstar, the leader of FernClan. Archstar, the leader of SlopeClan. And of course his own leader, Sagestar.

Archstar started the gathering with a loud yowl.
"SlopeClan has some bad news, our medicine cat, Heronpath, and our last apprentice have gone missing." Cats outside of SlopeClan started whispering in hushed voices, Badgerstar wrinkled her nose and looked at Archstar.
"I bring good news as well, Eggpaw has received his warrior name, Eggrush is now a full warrior of SlopeClan."
A few cats yelled "Eggrush! Eggrush!" But Cedarleap noticed it was only SlopeClan cats. 
"ChervilClan has a new apprentice and a new warrior, this is Cedarleap's first gathering as a warrior, and Leopardpaw is back at camp right now." 
 "Cedarleap! Leopardpaw!" A few cats yowled, Cedarleap beamed.
"but not all is well, our medicine cat apprentice has gone missing. If anyone sees Lilypaw around, bring him home- please-" Sagestar said sadly. Cedarleap shot a sympathetic glance at Snakestorm, who'd been stressed after her second apprentice's disappearance. She had an apprentice before Lilypaw, named Sparkpaw. But Sparkpaw disappeared one day and never returned.  
Badgerstar then spoke.

"All is well in BayClan. one of our warriors is expecting kits, and this new litter brings hope to BayClan." Badgerstar looked to Greyspots. Greyspots smiled weakly as Cedarleap gasped.
"You're expecting kits??" He asked, as Greyspots smiled.
"I am!" It was hard to tell through her thick pelt, but her belly was quite swollen.
Sheepstar looked upon the gathering, and said very little."prey is well. That is all."
Cedarleap said his goodbyes to Greyspots, and watched the queen walk back towards her own territory. Cedarleap bounded back to camp, his mind buzzing.