Chapter 14 - oh?

((A/N: im probably gonna be pumping out episodes up until my birthday (July 21) because im not sure how available I'll be after that so expect more frequent updates))

Lilypaw felt a cold shiver course through his body, before he saw a familiar StarClan cat before him.
"F-Flowerfur-?" Flowerfur was Lilypaw's mother, her blue-grey fur was speckled with stars and her very presence made Lilypaw tear up.
"Lilypaw."
"why are you here-? Are you here to lead me home?"
"not yet. You need to repay the Clan's debt to StarClan."
"w-what?"
"The Clans have greatly upset StarClan. The famine has passed, It's time to finish fixing the mess they created."
"how do I do that-?"
"you and the other kits of darkness must save your clans. Individually."
"other kits of darkness?" Lilypaw was confused, Flowerfur smiled a little.
"Famine-born kits."
"which ones exactly-?"
"I cannot tell you that, my dear Lilypaw"
"well what do I need to do?"
"Come." She jumped off the top of Lilypaw's monster and padded into the forest. Lilypaw chased her wraithlike frame.
She led Lilypaw to a hole, it looked twoleg-made. It reeked of something dead, too.

"take this. In the morning, run towards the sunrise. You should reach home by noon, don't let yourself lose this precious herb before then." Flowerfur gestured to a flower half buried in the dirt.
 Upon closer inspection it smelt like crowfood, and was red and yellow. He picked it, trying not to gag. When he looked up, Flowerfur was gone. He watched the sky, it was almost sunrise. Lilypaw figured he'd get a headstart, he started padding toward where the sun was going to be.

~~~

Blizzardpaw rolled his eyes as Snakestorm passed him a pile of herbs to sort.
"do I have to?"
"yes. The moonpool meeting is tonight, don't be late." Snakestorm padded out, her tail dragging in the dirt. He looked at the herbs, angry at himself that he knew each and every one off by heart.
"StarClan, why me? Why do I have to do this of all things? I should be out hunting or fighting" He muttered, pawing some thyme from some goldenrod. He picked up the thyme and put it in the little hole it belonged in, He looked at 'his' nest. It didn't feel right, that was Lilypaw's nest, not his.
He heard a commotion from outside, then he heard Snakestorm yell a name he thought he'd never hear again.
"LILYPAW"
He ran out, and blinked in disbelief as Lilypaw stumbled into camp, looking exhausted. He smelt like carrion and his fur was matted. He had a weird-looking flower in his jaws that Blizzardpaw recognised.
"Blizzardkit!" Lilypaw rejoiced, running to Blizzardpaw. He flinched, smelling the flower.
"why...do you have a crowfood plant?"
"I'll explain later. Why are you in the medicine den-?"
"they um-"
"oh StarClan- they didn't make you take my place, did they?"
"Snakestorm and Sagestar made the decision"
"so..does that mean- you're Blizzardpaw now?"
"mhm, Sparrow's sons are apprentices too now"
"I was gone for a while, huh" Lilypaw pushed past Blizzardpaw into his den, he dug a little hole beside the thyme and sat the crowfood plant inside.
"I missed my nest" He collapsed into the nest, breathing heavily.
"are you alright-? Your pads are...broken..a lot"
"uh- I know what to do for that, It's alright Blizzardpaw. Go relax."