𝟷𝟺 - 𝙽𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚕

Third Person POV𓅓

Third Person POV
𓅓

  The youngest Grimes had been in and out of consciousness all morning, but RJ had been helping the Greene family with Otis' grave.

  That night was the first in a while that she was able to sleep. Admittedly it wasn't peacefully, but she still got some shut-eye, which was all she could've asked for.

  Shane, T-dog, RJ, and Glenn all helped the Greene family collect rocks for Otis' grave. Sadly, they wouldn't be able to retrieve his body. The hospital had been completely overrun, it would've been a suicide mission to even try.

  As they loaded large rocks into wheel barrels the sound of a familiar motorcycle caught RJ's attention. They all looked up to see Daryl's motorcycle, Dales RV, and the green Hyundai that Shane had managed to fix up from the highway.

  "I'll go tell Rick." T-dog said before jogging the distance between the patch of trees and the Greene's family home.

  The others began walking to meet their group half way. The group parked their vehicles in front of the farmhouse, and RJ was one of the first to reach them.

  The other two Grimes stepped out of the house, and RJ went to stand next to her brother.

  Honestly, the others were a bit shocked to see what she was wearing. She was never one to wear tank tops and shorts, but she'd left her clothes with them, and she was itching to get them back.

  "How is he?" Dale asked, breaking the silence.

  "He'll pull through," Lori nodded with a grateful smile. "Thanks to Hershel and his people."

  "And Shane." Rick was quick to give his best friend the recognition he deserved, but RJ was still on the fence on her feelings. She was happy that he was able to help save Carl, but a part of her hoped he'd step in a bear trap. "We'd have lost Carl if not for him."

  There was a little pause before everyone decided it was time to bring it in. Dale wrapped his arms around the father. He couldn't even begin to understand how Rick must've felt, but what was important was that Carl was okay now.

  Carol walked up to Lori, and the others began to share reunited hugs as RJ stood back and watched.

  Eyes seemed to burn into the side of her head, and when she looked, Daryl stood leaning against his bike, watching her.

  She looked awful. She was sweating, she had bags under her eyes, her skin was a bit pale, but she was somehow still strong, standing by her family like a guard dog.