𝟷𝟾 - 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚘𝚛 𝙰𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎

𓅓Third Person POV

𓅓
Third Person POV

  The morning air was perfect for eggs. The whole group sat around the campfire while Carol cooked breakfast.

  Andrea sat sharpening her knife like a wannabe badass as if she didn't just miss the most obvious target only a couple days ago. Daryl wasn't mad that she almost hit him, but for whatever reason, he was rather upset that she managed to graze RJ, and he wasn't entirely sure why—. . . or at least that's what he told himself.

  Daryl's gaze would flicker over to RJ every once in a while. He'd never really had a friend before—not a real one at least.
  So when RJ declared that they were friends, it kinda came as a bit of a shock.
  He didn't say anything, but he didn't reject what she said. He simply scoffed and called her stupid. He wouldn't admit it, but the kid in him liked the idea of having a friend. Even if it was a weird, quiet, ex-marine with subtle anger issues.

  RJ sat beside Carl, watching him as he struggled to complete the bridge part of shuffling cards. Her soft smirk could be considered to be a full-on cheese of a smile.
  Daryl stared at it, unable to find a negative feeling about her.

  Carol walked over to him, pouring water in his mug. He sent her an appreciative grunt before completely avoiding her gaze.
  The woman's eyes flickered between an oblivious RJ and a frustrated-looking Daryl.
  For the bad-tempered redneck's sake, she decided to keep quiet.

  "I can't do it." Carl sighed, earning a stifled laugh from his aunt. This was at least the hundredth attempt at the bridge, but his fingers simply couldn't figure it out.

  "Enough cards, eat your breakfast." Lori smiled from her chair, enjoying the smile on both Carl and RJ's faces. Though lately, she'd noticed that RJ wouldn't look at her, she wouldn't even acknowledge her unless Rick was involved.
  Lori's stomach turned. That girl always did have a way of finding things out. For instance, the church, or when Lori was pregnant with Carl. RJ figured it out before Lori even knew.

  Now without the sound of Carl failing at shuffling cards, all you could hear were the sizzling eggs and Andrea annoyingly sharpening her blade over and over as if simply looking at it wouldn't cut you.

  "Um, guys." Everyone looked over at Glenn as he nervously rubbed his chin. His other hand was stuffed in his pocket, and his feet shifted now and then. Almost immediately, RJ remembered what he'd said about walkers being in the barn.
  Yeah, she heard him say it when she was in the tree, but she didn't really hear him, especially after him revealing Lori's pregnancy. The others didn't think much of it, continuing to eat their breakfast and patiently waiting for Glenn to speak, while RJ's eyes immediately moved from him to the barn.
  "So . . . the barn's full of walkers."