𝟿-𝙳𝚒𝚙 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝

Riley's  POV𓅓

Riley's POV
𓅓

*Years Before the apocalypse*

  "Riley!" Carl screeched happily with a huge smile as he barreled towards me.
  My heart leaped at the sight of my beautiful nephew. I hadn't seen him in nearly a month and a half. My arms opened wide in anticipation, waiting for Carl to finally be in my arms once again.
  Lori stood about a foot away from me, a huge smile on her face as she watched her son smile so bright it put the sun to shame.

  Carl finally launched himself into my arms that instinctively wrapped around his small body. I sprung up, twirling in a circle on the verge of tears. I couldn't imagine leaving him behind in this world so soon, and I was almost forced to do exactly that.

  "Hey, bud." I breathed out contently as I held him against me tightly, breathing in the smell of his blueberry kids shampoo that Lori always bought him.
  A month and a half ago I thought I'd never feel this again, but alas, for maybe the hundredth time in my life, my brother came to my rescue.

  Carl pulled back slightly, his small hands placing themselves on my cheeks. His smile didn't falter as his eyes glanced at every crevice on my face. He was maybe five or six years old at this time, but he was so tiny, so pure.

  "Your bruises are gone!" He marveled as he moved aside the hair that was in my face. A smile broke out onto my face as he continued to examine every inch of it, as if he were memorizing every part the way they were supposed to look.

  "You won't ever have to see me like that again, okay?" I promised, forcing the tears down. He nodded his head before throwing his arms back around my neck, hugging me tightly.

  "Pinky promise?" My heart tugged at the two words and I nodded my head, not trusting my voice.

  He pulled back, holding up his pinky to which I brought up my own, tightly wrapping it around his, and shaking it slightly to seal the deal.

  "Come on you two." Lori looked as if she herself was on the verge of tears.
  "Your daddy should be home soon, and I'm sure he'll be excited to see RJ too."

Third Person POV
𓅓

  Daryl watched silently as the woman would twist and turn with a frown on her soft features. Her constant moving was distracting, and he was beginning to get really annoyed.

  She'd fallen asleep maybe an hour or two ago unintentionally, and it was maybe thirty minutes in when her body started to react to whatever dream she was in.