𝟹- 𝙲𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚄𝚙

𓅓RJ's POV

𓅓
RJ's POV

  It'd been a week since Merle and his brother joined the group, and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't regret it every now and then.

  Merle had always been a bit...crazy. I guess a part of me just hoped that time in prison would've shut him up, but I was wrong. If anything it made him worse.

  Somehow I found myself spending more time with the Dixon's than anyone else, which could've been because they didn't ask questions or get annoying like the campers did. Actually, Merle got annoying, but one annoying person at a time was my limit.

  Shane was starting to get used to Merle's...everything, but I had a feeling it was because The Dixon's did a good job in feeding the camp, no matter how much they bitched and griped when new people came along.

  We had a few new members like Jim. He came a few days ago after Glenn found him on a run.

  Everything had officially gone to shit. Atlanta was gone, the government was gone, the military was gone, civilization was gone, pretty much everything was in the shitter. So we had to take it upon ourselves to take what we needed to survive.

  Shane set up his C.B. a few days ago after Lori said we needed to ward people away from Atlanta. It was completely overrun by geeks, and going in it was like asking for death.

  "Hey, Fun Sized." Merle's loud voice carried through camp and my eyes shut momentarily in exhaustion before turning in his direction to see him and Daryl headed towards me.

  I noticed that Daryl was always quiet and reserved, it was like he was Merle's second shadow. Then again I couldn't really bash him for it when I'd be doing the same thing if Rick were still around.

  I quickly dismissed the thought of my brother, not wanting to awaken any actual emotions. Merle planted himself right in front of me with that stupid smile on his face, ignoring the fact that I was in the middle of cleaning my beretta.

  "Goin' on a hunt. Y'should join us. Be nice to have someone else around other than Darlina." Every time Merle used that nickname it always brought out a scowl from Daryl, which I didn't blame him. Merle had a knack for mean nicknames that got under people's skin. Just ask the women around camp. Lori and I were the only ones safe from the name "Sugar Tits", mainly because Merle knew I'd kick his ass for calling either of us that bullshit.

  My eyes traveled over to Shane where he was talking to Dale before turning back to Merle and sending him a nod.

  "Don't take too long, Mutey!" He cheered as he walked away, knowing that I'd have to tell someone that I was heading out.