two.

PEACE | II.
"TRUE LOVE IS THE RIGHT ANSWER"
(' THE DEBATE ')

DEVYN WASN'T SURE WHY, BUT SHE WAS certain that Rosalie Hale hated her

DEVYN WASN'T SURE WHY, BUT SHE WAS certain that Rosalie Hale hated her. In the month that she had been living in Forks, all she had received from the blonde was a shoulder colder than the arctic.

Devyn tried to be polite, greeting the girl each morning before class, but hardly did she ever receive a response in return. In fact, Rosalie hardly looked at her, as though she were simply disturbed by the sight of Devyn. It was a bit insulting, but Devyn tried not to take it to heart.

There would be days where Rosalie wouldn't come to school and Devyn would wonder about her absence. It was selfish to think it was because of her that Rosalie didn't decide to show, but it was hard not to think that when the rest of the Cullens were there and Rosalie was not.

Otherwise, Devyn settles into her new school quite well. It didn't take her long to realize that she had been embraced by the popular kids. Ralph was football captain, Nathan was captain of the basketball team, Justine was student body president, Emma was cheer captain and Tristan was a loather of all extracurriculars.

She liked her new friends. Despite only recently being inducted into the group, it felt like she had always been there. They made sure that Devyn knew whatever Rosalie had against her, it wasn't personal.

"She thinks she's better than everybody," Tristan told her one day at lunch, "They all do."

"I wouldn't say that about all of them," Emma answers, "Alice and Emmett are super friendly."

"Yeah, and Jasper is a unit when we play dodgeball," Nate says as he shoves a chip into his mouth.

"Okay I get that," Devyn says, "I have art with Edward and at the very least he's polite. But Rosalie? She seems like she wishes I was never born, and I don't know what I did to her."

"Maybe she's jealous," Justine suggests, wiggling her eyebrows playfully.

Devyn laughs, "Jealous? Of what?"

"Of you," Justine says, "You're beautiful, you're smart, you debated her your first day here. It would make sense that she's jealous or at the very least feels threatened by you."

Across the cafeteria, they hear a chair slide loudly against the floor. Everyone's head turns to see Rosalie shove the cafeteria door open as she leaves. They look at the rest of the Cullens to see a smile on Emmett's face. Perhaps he had said something to set her off.

"Looks like the princess just threw a temper tantrum," Tristan teases with a smile.

"Has anyone heard Jasper speak before?" Ralph asks suddenly and everyone looks at him strangely, "It's just I've never heard him say anything."

"I have," Emma answers, "He's in my calculus class. He's got a strong country accent; it actually sounds like he's from Houston."

"You placed his accent to Houston?" Justine asks with a laugh.