six.

PEACE | VI.
"DO YOU LIKE WATCHING CYNICS IN LOVE?
(' MEETING THE FAMILY ')

"I NEED A DATE TO HOMECOMING," EMMA GROANS OUT, banging her head on her locker

"I NEED A DATE TO HOMECOMING," EMMA GROANS OUT, banging her head on her locker. Homecoming was next week, and it was getting down to crunch time. Emma was dateless, Devyn was dateless, everyone in the friend group was dateless.

"You could have one if you told me who your crush is," Devyn sings, looking over at Emma. The cheerleader looks up at Devyn and narrows her eyes at Devyn before looking back down at the ground again.

"Not happening."

"Lame," Devyn tells her glancing down the hall, "But I need a date too."

Her eyes find Rosalie, watching as the blonde walks down the hall, her golden hair falling into place perfectly. There was no denying that Rosalie was beautiful, but Devyn wondered what she had looked like as a human. Something tells Devyn Rosalie was just as beautiful then as she is now.

"Ugh," Devyn groaned as she looked away from Rosalie, "I hate her."

"Rosalie?" Emma asks, "I thought you two were getting along?"

"Why? Because we don't fight in class anymore? She's narcissistic and thinks she's smarter than everyone else and she's infuriating."

"She's also walking this way," Emma mutters and Devyn sighs knowing that Rosalie probably heard every word that she just said.

She forces a smile when the blonde stops in front of her, "Rosalie! Hi!"

"Devyn," Rosalie says calm, cool, and collected, "We need to work on our project."

"Right now?" Devyn asks as she glances at Emma, "Emma and I were going to go shopping."

Rosalie glances at Emma, "You don't mind if I borrow Devyn, do you?"

"Uh no," Emma answers, "I – I suppose I don't mind."

Rosalie raises one eyebrow as she looks at Devyn. She rolls her eyes as she looks at Emma, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Are you gonna be okay?" Emma asks her softly. Emma was the one who knew that she was slightly afraid of Rosalie and the rest of the Cullens, and she was grateful that she was asking.

"Yeah, thanks for asking," Devyn tells her with a small grin before following after Rosalie, who gracefully shoved the door open to the student parking lot and she looks up at the blonde vampire.

"We're not working on the project, are we?" Devyn asks and Rosalie shakes her head as she stops walking and looks at Devyn.

"Your stalker is near campus, I can smell him," Rosalie says softly, and Devyn's heart pounds in her ears out of fear.

Rosalie places her hand on Devyn's wrist in an attempt to comfort her, but all Devyn registers is that it's ice-cold, startling Devyn who pulls her wrist away and regrets the action instantly when she sees the expression on Rosalie's face.