ten.

PEACE | X.
"PLEASE DON'T GO AWAY"
(' LEFT ALONE ')

"AND IF YOU LOOK TO YOUR LEFT, YOU'LL see Devyn Noelle Wilde staring longingly at the Cullen's table

"AND IF YOU LOOK TO YOUR LEFT, YOU'LL see Devyn Noelle Wilde staring longingly at the Cullen's table."

"Shhh!" Devyn says as she grabs Emma's arm, forcing her to sit down at the lunch table. Behind Emma, Nathan lets out a chuckle as he takes a seat on the other side of Emma.

"Relax Dev, it's not like they could hear her," Nathan says and Devyn sighs. She had to remind herself that her friends weren't aware of the Cullen's ability and they probably were already aware of Devyn's staring.

"Did Emmett not call you back or something?" Emma asks.

The truth was that things had been weird since Madison's soccer game and she could feel the distance growing between herself and Rosalie, which she hated since she felt like they were finally opening up to one another.

"Or something," Devyn answers with a sigh, "Guys I feel like I'm losing my mind."

"Why's that?"

"I feel like I did something bad, but technically I didn't and now someone isn't talking to me because of it."

"That couldn't have been any vaguer," Nathan states with a laugh, "Honestly though, I just think that you and this someone need to communicate better."

"Right but what if this someone has been avoiding me?" Devyn asks.

"Then you walk up to them and force communication upon them," Emma tells her, "That's what I do when Justine is mad at me."

"Speaking of," Devyn says glancing around the cafeteria, "Where is she?"

"Student body president stuff," Emma answers, "No rest for the wicked."

Devyn's eyes drift back over to the Cullen's lunch table and she catches Rosalie looking at her, but she quickly looks elsewhere. It was so obvious that Rosalie didn't want to avoid her. Why was she doing so?

After school, Devyn went out to La Push beach by herself and sat there. She'd never had crushes back in New York, not a real crush. She'd always liked the idea of the person, not truly the person themselves. When it came to Rosalie, Devyn liked everything about her, but the idea of Rosalie terrified her.

"Hey there, trespasser."

Devyn looked up and smiled when she saw Leah making her way down the beach.

"Hey," Devyn said, patting the spot beside her in the sand, "It's like you always know when I'm on your turf."

Leah chuckles as she takes a seat beside her, "My Devyn senses were tingling."

Devyn laughs as she looks at Leah, silently admiring her side profile, "So what's been going on in your life?"

Leah shrugs, "I think my boyfriend is about to dump me."