eight.

PEACE | VIII.
"EMMETT CULLEN IS A PITY DATE?"
(' HOMECOMING NIGHT ')

"EMMETT CULLEN IS A PITY DATE?"(' HOMECOMING NIGHT ')

"YOU KNOW I CAN TIE MY OWN TIE, RIGHT?"

Rosalie glares at Emmett as she continues the task at hand. He chuckles softly under his breath but doesn't say anything else as Rosalie finishes tying his tie. She smiles proudly at her work and pats Emmett on the chest.

"Make tonight special for her," Rosalie says as she looks up to meet Emmett's gaze, "She's been through a lot and she's looking forward to the dance."

"I still don't understand why I'm taking her," Emmett says as he turns to look at himself in the mirror.

"Because she chose you," Rosalie replies, watching as Emmett slightly loosened the tie.

He turns to look at her, "That's because the only options you presented her with were me and Edward. Of course she was going to pick me."

Rosalie's eyebrows furrow, "I'm failing to understand why you're confused then."

"Why didn't you present yourself as an option?" Emmett asks her, "And I don't want some bullshit answer about it being inappropriate. It's the 21st century, Rose. No one cares."

"You're implying that I like her," Rosalie states plainly, "And while I do find her company to be rather curious, I do not."

"Please," Emmett says rolling his eyes, "You've been interested in her since she arrived here. You may have disliked her at first, but she's grown on you."

"Like I said. I enjoy her company, but that doesn't mean I have a romantic interest in her," Rosalie tells him.

"If you say so," Emmett shrugs, "So I pick her up, take her to the dance, spin her around a couple of times while you and Alice make sure that her dad doesn't show."

Rosalie nods, "That's the plan."

"Sounds simple enough," Emmett replies as he grabs his suit jacket off the hanger, "Save me a dance?"

"No," Rosalie tells him bluntly, "You will be distracting Devyn."

"And what happens when Devyn gets distracted by you?" Emmett asks, raising his eyebrow slightly.

Rosalie rolls her eyes, "Devyn won't get distracted by me. She won't even be thinking about me."

"You know she watches you, right? She's the first one to notice when you enter a room."

"That's because she's observant," Rosalie states, quickly dismissing Emmett's words, "She figured out what we were just by watching us. Her staring isn't some big thing."

"Okay," Emmett says giving up, "You aren't interested in Devyn and she isn't interested in you."

"That's right," Rosalie tells him, looking at the watch on her wrist, "Your dinner reservations are at 7:30. If you leave now, that gives her mom time to take pictures."