twelve.

PEACE | XII.
"YOU'RE A FUCKING COWARD"
(' CONFRONTATION ')

"YOU'RE A FUCKING COWARD"(' CONFRONTATION ')

"SO CAN YOU FIX IT?"

Jacob leans back from under the hood of her car. She tries to gauge the expression on his face, but she was learning that Jacob was hard to read.

"Yeah but finding parts for this will be pretty hard. It is an old car and there aren't many of them since they stopped manufacture after a year," he chews on his lip thoughtfully, "Maybe other Mustang parts would work."

"Actually," Devyn interrupts without thinking, "I can get you parts for the Mustang."

"Really?" Jacob asks as he looks at her, "Do you know somebody?"

How was she to disclose that her enemy, turned friend, turned unresolved kiss had the parts for the car? There was no normal way to explain that, so Devyn decided that she wasn't going to elaborate when it came to her answer.

"Something like that," Devyn tells him, "I'll try and get the parts by the end of this week, will you be free?"

"I should be," Jacob tells her, "Would it be cool if I brought the Mustang on the Reservation? It would be easier to work on it there."

"Yeah of course," Devyn says, "Thank you for doing this, it means a lot."

Jacob shrugs, "It's nothing really. I enjoy a good project, but I do have to ask, why do you want me to fix it?"

Devyn laughs, "Someone else was supposed to fix it, but that kind of fell through. I would go to a mechanic, but they see the car and think that it's some fun project and they usually mess it up. If you mess it up, then at least I know where you live and can kill you."

Jacob chuckles at her answer in the midst of his laughter his eyes light up, "Hey! You ever thought about street racing?"

"Street racing?" Devyn asks with a chuckle, "Like Fast and the Furious?"

"Not as exciting as that or unrealistic," Jacob tells her, "But you definitely have the engine for it and with a few modifications I can make sure that you win every race that you enter."

"I'll think about it," Devyn replies, and Jacob nods his head.

"Well, I should probably get going," Jacob says as he closes the hood of her car, "See you this weekend?"

"Yep," Devyn says. She watches as Jacob climbs into his truck before driving out of the driveway. She looks over at her Mustang before heading inside the house where Madison tried to move away from the window, but she wasn't quick enough.

"Were you spying on me?" Devyn asks her sister.

"Me? No!" Madison says but Devyn laughs and shakes her head as she heads into the kitchen, Madison following after her, "So is he your boyfriend?"