I Left My Phone (Stefanielle)

"I can't believe you guys have been together for three years. It feels like just yesterday you were nervously telling me that you thought you had a crush on Stefania," Jaina said with a soft smile on her face as she watched Danielle fix her dress in the mirror of her trailer.

"Oh gosh, I really was so nervous," Danielle laughed as she thought back to to the memory. Jaina and Barrett had gone over to her house for a little screening party of an episode of Station 19. If she remembered correctly, it was season three, episode fourteen. 

***

"You and Stefania have really good chemistry," Jaina pointed out as she stretched her arms above her head. 

"I was going to say the same thing!" Barrett said. "You seem... comfortable," She blinked quickly a few times as she tried to show that she was referring to the scene in the Captain's Office where Stefania's hand went just a tad lower than what anyone expected. 

"Yeah, we get along well," Danielle said quietly, though she avoided eye contact. 

"Are you okay?" Jaina asked curiously, tilting her head to the side. 

"Yeah, I- yeah I'm fine," Danielle mumbled shrugging her shoulders as she let out a sigh. 

"What is it?" Barrett asked. There was no way they were about to let Danielle get away with saying nothing. 

"It's nothing, I just," She paused for a moment and started to fiddle with her fingers. "You know how Stefania and I, we- we run our lines together and we get along really well?"

"Yes?"

"I'm probably just getting everything kind of confused with- you know, I mean with the whole-"

"With what?" Jaina sat up abruptly as she watched Danielle get more and more nervous under their watchful eyes. 

"I don't know how to say it," Danielle whispered as she finally looked up at Jaina and Barrett. 

"Danielle?" Barrett said softly as she placed a hand on her leg. "Do you like Stefania?" Danielle glanced at Barrett then back down at the floor which was honestly all the confirmation that was needed. 

"Yes," Danielle said quietly. She almost felt emotional at the revelation along with the fact that the thought that had been bugging her for weeks was suddenly off of her chest. The three of them had had conversations before about sexuality and Danielle had told them that she's slept with a couple of women before, but it was never deeper than that. So with Stefania, it was different. Very different. 

***

"If it wasn't for you two, I probably would have never told her," Danielle admitted. "And just kept it buried inside," She turned to face Jaina with a smile on her face. "How do I look?"

"Gorgeous!" Jaina exclaimed as she jumped up from the small sofa of Danielle's trailer and clasped her hands together. "Honestly, you look really beautiful, D," Danielle blushed as she pushed her shoulders up to her ears. The adrenaline was beginning to really settle in. 

A few trailers away, Barrett was finishing tying a loose braid in Stefania's hair that almost resembled a halo. She pulled out a few strands to frame her face then took a step back with a smile. 

"Perfect. You're good to go," Stefania stood up, her dress loosely flowing around her knees. 

"Thank you so much," She hugged Barrett tightly then looked at herself in the mirror. "Danielle is so sweet doing all of this for our three year," She swooned with a smile on her face.