Moving In (Marina)

The Station 19 Crew did their morning clap for the doctor's at Grey Sloan, hearts heavy as the pandemic continued to engulf life as they knew it. 

"See you tomorrow morning!" Vic Hughes called out as everyone cheered and began to walk off, either into the hospital, or off to the station. Maya Bishop didn't move though. Neither did Carina DeLuca. 

Maya stood with her hands stuffed in the pockets of her black joggers, the slight breeze blowing her hair and making a few goose bumps come up on her arms. Her Station 19 t-shirt wasn't necessarily the warmest item of clothing she could have worn. And of course, the mandatory mask. Carina took a couple of steps towards Maya, pink scrubs, mask and visor. 

Though you couldn't see most of her face, her eyes told a thousand stories. Most of them about Maya. 

"I miss you," Carina called out, wanting nothing more than to have her girlfriend in her arms, even if just for ten seconds. 

"I miss you!" Maya called back as she too, took a couple steps closer,  her bright blue eyes gazing longingly into the most comforting pair of brown. "Have you been eating enough? Drinking enough water?"

"I try," Carina shrugged her shoulders. "Everything is just so busy and you hear someone cough and just want to put all of this back on," She let out a small laugh and motioned to her mask and visor. "How is it at the station?"

"Not as uh, strict as here. That's for sure," Maya replied, nodding her head slowly. "I wish I could touch you," Her eyes widened a little, and if Carina could also see her pout, there's a very high chance she wouldn't be able to stay away.

"It's so annoying how I can touch all of these patients and new born babies and I know that it is different but I really want to hug my girlfriend," Carina stamped her foot in frustration and felt her eyes begin to water a little. After everything she had going on with her brother as well, the only thing she needed was to just lay in bed with Maya and do nothing but be in her presence. It irritated her more that she couldn't even reach up to wipe away a tear that had slipped out. 

"Hey, hey, hey," Maya began to walk up to Carina. No way was she going to let her girlfriend stand opposite her, in tears, and not doing anything about. 

"You can't," Carina said as she hastily took a step backwards, no matter how much her mind was conflicting itself right now. "I should probably head back inside anyway," She let out a shaky sigh and tilted her head to the side. 

"I love you," Maya said, the sincerity in her voice was evident as she smiled, it could be seen in her eyes. 

"I love you, too," Carina sighed and blew her a kiss. Maya jumped up, pretending to grab the kiss and stuffed it in her pocket. 

"I'll save it for later," She smiled and then blew one back. "If I can, I'll stop by at the end of your shift?"

"Well, you know they need all hands on deck so I don't know when that will be," 

"Either way then, I'll come back when I'm finished and hopefully you get at least five minutes to break, yeah?"

"Okay," Carina smiled and rocked back on her heels. She let out another sigh as she turned to walk back into the hospital. "Stay safe, Maya!" She called out, pausing by the door.

"You stay safe too! I don't know what I'd do without you," Both smiled as they went their own ways, not that they necessarily wanted to. Back at the Station, Maya stood with her back against the wall, drinking a cup of coffee as Vic, Andy and Travis all huddled around a crossword that they couldn't figure out. 

"What's a five letter word for puzzle solver?" Travis asked as he tapped the pen on the table. 

"Don't look at me!" Vic laughed, holding her hands up. "Maya?" The blonde didn't acknowledge them as they all stared at her expectantly. She was too busy staring into her cup of coffee and thinking about how much she missed Carina.