Before You Go (Marina)

Maya Bishop woke up to her annoyingly loud alarm that quickly filled the room and rudely dragged her out of her deep slumber.

"Turn it off," Carina DeLuca mumbled from next to her, brown hair sprawled over the pillows. Maya still had her eyes shut as she blindly reached out to her bedside table and grabbed her phone, silencing her alarm. "Grazie," Carina turned over and nestled her head into Maya's neck as she wrapped an arm around her waist and brushed her foot against her girlfriends calf. Well now it was about to become impossible for Maya to get up and get ready for work. No matter how much she loved being at the Station, nothing felt better than having her girlfriend wrapped up in her arms.

"What time do you start today?" Maya asked sleepily as she brought a hand up to run through Carina's brown locks.

"Twelve," Carina replied as she slipped her hand underneath Maya's t-shirt and gently ran her fingers over her abdomen. "But I don't want to think about work when I don't have to," She let out a drowsy sigh as she felt herself drifting off back to sleep. 

"I have to get up though," Maya whispered as she tried to sit up but Carina just held on tighter to her waist. 

"No," 

"Carina, I need to-"

"No. I never get the chance to just hold you for a bit in the morning so I'm making the most of it now before you have to go," Carina pressed a kiss to Maya's neck with a satisfied smile on her face when she felt her girlfriend relax back into the bed.

"Two more minutes and then I have to shower," Maya said as she continued to mindlessly play with Carina's hair. She couldn't deny that she wished they had more time in the morning together to just lay in each other's arms but their schedules were hectic and both were usually very tired upon coming home. So maybe she could spare a few minutes. 

"Maya! I forgot how the coff- oh, sorry," Andy Herrera swung the bedroom door and looked at the couple who were a little startled at the sudden intrusion. Maya glared at her best friend while Carina just cuddled in even closer to her girlfriend, so much for getting a little bit of a lie in.

"You need to stop doing this, And," Maya mumbled as she rubbed her eyes. "We could have been doing anything," Carina giggled quietly as she slowly started to wake up properly and turned her head a little to look at Andy. 

"Yeah, anything," The Italian wiggled her eyebrows playfully with a small grin plastered on her face. 

"I thought you would have been getting ready by now anyway," Maya managed to sit up this time and checked her phone and sure enough, it appeared that they both may have dozed off a little bit longer than anticipated. 

"I blame you," Maya yawned as she nudged her girlfriend who had now curled up into a ball under the covers, her head barely peeping out on the pillows. "Wait, what did you need?"

"Don't worry, I'll figure it out. You get your ass up and get ready!" Andy shut the bedroom door behind her as she walked back into the kitchen, leaving Maya and Carina alone again. 

"Maybe we should get a lock on the door," Carina said as she looked up at Maya. "Imagine if I was giving you an extra nice wake up call and she barged in?"

"An extra nice wake up call?" Maya perked up slightly as she quirked an eyebrow and looked down at her girlfriend. 

"Si, but you're already awake now," The blonde stuck her tongue in her cheek as Carina reached out for her hand and laced their fingers together. "Maybe... in the shower,"

"I have to shower now," Maya stated as she swung her legs out of the bed and placed her feet on the floor, wiggling her toes around as the morning air wrapped around her bare legs.