03

"Ugghh, I'm so bored!!" You sigh for the tenth time and stare at the ceiling of your new room.

Laying on your bed, you thought maybe it'd be nice. But it was much more awful than you expected. Felix had left a while ago and now you didn't know what to do.

"How long am I supposed to stay here for?" You blow a strand of your hair out of your face.

"I'm hungry..." Suddenly the door opened and in came Minho.

"Dinner's ready. Hurry up and come downstairs," He informs you, leaving immediately after he finished his sentence.

"Well atleast he didn't insult me this time," you roll your eyes and get up, finally being able to leave the room.

Only then did you realize that this house was huge. It was practically a mansion, and of course, you couldn't find the stairs leading to the bottom floor.

"Where could it be?? This place is basically a maze." You wander around aimlessly, hoping you'd find the staircase, but it was useless.

You were going to turn a corner until you bumped into someone. Falling backwards, you got ready for impact, only to find two arms holding you up.

You open your eyes to meet a face only a few inches away from yours.

"H-hello," you awkwardly stand back up with his help.  He chuckles at you and removes his arms from your waist.

"No need to be nervous, I'm not cold like hyung," he smiles warmly.

"Oh, alright," you still felt a bit uncomfortable talking to him and silence envelops the hall you were in. "Um, what's your name?"

"I'm Han Jisung. But you can call me Jisung, or anything else that comes to mind."

You observe his face and notice his adorable puffy cheeks, causing you to coo.

"Squirrel. You look like a squirrel."

You unconsciously reach your arms out and pinch his cheeks. The action makes both of you smile and laugh, the awkward silence slowly disappearing.

"Squirrel, Quokka, I'm fine with anything. As long as it's cute."

You blink, realizing what you were doing and let go of his face, mumbling a small 'sorry'.

"So, you gonna tell me your name?" Jisung asks, tilting his head to the side expectingly.

"Oh right, I'm y/n."

"Did you get lost? I don't blame you, I've gotten lost a few times myself," he scratches the back of his head. "Minho called me for dinner and I was just on my way there. Wanna go together?"

You gladly accept his offer and walk side by side with him, chatting until you make it to the dining room. Once you make it there, your eyes widen and you grew nervous again when you saw a bunch of other people that you didn't know.

Felix was among them and both of you waved at eachother. But then your attention lead to Minho who was glaring at you and Jisung from his seat.

"What took you two so long? And why'd you arrive together," he asks impatient, raising an eyebrow.

"Hyung! Don't look so scary!! She just got lost and we ran into eachother, no big deal," he tries to convince him.

Minho sighs heavily before nodding and moving on. You sat down in between Jisung and Felix since they were the only ones you knew.

Quietly beginning to eat, you notice the odd tension the room. Everyone seemed to not care about it which left you slightly confused.

You nudge Felix with your elbow and his attention turns to you.

"Hey uh, is it always like this? Or is it because I'm here?" You whisper to him.

"Dont worry, it's not you. Well, not completely. We're usually quiet but today it seems silent, which might be because of you...." he plays with his chopsticks.

Suddenly a voice speaks up, slightly surprising you.

"Okay, it might be slightly weird since uh, I'm sorry, what's your name?" The guy asks you and you shyly answer.

"Y-y/n..."

"Well, I know everyone feels strange since you're going to be with us from now on, but we might as well get to know eachother. Agreed?" Everyone nods and he claps his hands together.

"Great. Then why don't we introduce ourselves." He smiles at you. "I'm Bangchan. But you can call me Chan. I'm guessing you already know Jisung and Felix. The two next to me are Changbin and Jeongin. And the rest are Hyunjin, Seungmin, and Minho."

"Ah okay," you say, trying to memorize who's who. "Nice to meet you all."

You exchange smiles with a few of them until someone starts to ask you some questions.

"How old are you y/n?" The one you believed was Jeongin asked.

"I'm 21."

"Ohh, so you're older than me! Can I call you noona then?" He smiles, showing his adorable dimples.

"N-noona...." your heart felt like it was tightening and you froze.

At that moment, Jeongin reminded you of Sunoo. The sweet tone, the kind attutude, the similarities had you missing him even more.

"S-sure..." you couldn't deny him. He was looking at you with sparkly eyes and you knew that it wasn't possible to say no.

"Yay!! Let's play games later okay? Meet me in my room–"

"THAT'S ENOUGH JEONGIN!!!"

He couldn't finish his sentence as Minho had slammed his fist on the table, causing a loud thud. Startled, you look towards his direction.

"Stop being so friendly. You only just met her, and she's only staying here so she won't rat us out to the cops."

His cold glare slightly scared you, but you didn't understand why he was so mad. Jeongin was only being nice to you, so what's the problem with him?

"But I was just trying to be friendly–"

"Friendly? You talk to her for a few seconds and just like that you can become friends? Don't be so gullible. If it only takes that much to gain your trust then you'd be dead by now."

The harsh words he had said left you mad. Can't he atleast be nice to his own members?

"I'm sorry hyung..." Jeongin lowers his head with a frown, biting his lip.

You wanted to punch Minho for upsetting him but you knew it'd just make things worse, so you kept quiet and clenched your fist in anger.

"I've lost my appetite," he stands up and was about to leave but you got up and grabbed his wrist, making him look at you.

"I get that you have a problem with me, but you don't have to go and be so mean to Jeongin just for speaking!! He can do what he wants and shouldn't be bossed around by you!!!"

Scoffing, Minho pulled his arm away and walked out of the room after sparing you one last glance.