19

Minho confessing to you, you realizing that you now like Jisung as more than just a friend, both of them kissing you in the same day — It was all coming back to you. So many things were running through your mind and you needed to do something about it.

It was almost midnight but you quickly grabbed the nearest hoodie in your view along with a jacket before heading to a certain someone's room. Knocking on the door, you expected to hear no response since he'd probably be asleep by now, but you were wrong. Slowly revealing himself from the other side, there he stood in an adorable cat onesie.

"Sorry for the unexpected visit Minho but I..." you couldn't stop yourself from laughing at how cute he looked in the moment.

"What? What's so funny?" He asked with lazy eyes, ruffling his already messy hair.

"Nothing," you bit your bottom lip to stop the giggles erupting from you. "Just meet me on the rooftop like last time, if that's okay with you."

He yawned before nodding his head. You had to admit, this was the side of Minho that you loved to see. When he would be all gentle and childish, nothing like when he'd fight other mafias. It made butterflies grow in your stomach.

After leaving to your own room, you stepped out on the balcony and climbed up 'till you stood on the roof tiles. The night was dark and silent, yet still so calming.

Walking up to the the highest point, you saw Minho coming towards you from the opposite direction. He stood in front of you as the wind blew softly, the moonlight shining down onto you both.

"So why'd you want to come here? It's late and you should be inside sleeping. Worry about your health more 'cause it's getting tiring for me to do it for you," he wrapped a scarf he brought with him around your neck carefully, making sure that it covered every inch of your skin.

"Thanks," you watched your breath in the air as it escaped your lips, forming a white fog. "Sit down with me."

You took a seat and patted the spot next to you. Minho sighed before following your orders, his eyes never leaving your figure.

"So....." you awkwardly cleared you throat, not knowing how to bring up the topic.  "Your confession really confused me."

"What's there to be confused about? I already told you I liked you, but you like Jisung so nothing changes. I just needed to get it off my chest," he sadly looked into the sky filled with gleaming lights as you pulled your knees tightly against your chest.

"Why do you l-like me? Wasn't I only a hostage you kept... I was nothing to you, and all your actions didn't mean anything!" Your voice grew louder as tears began to fall down your cheeks, freezing in the cold atmosphere. All the stress that had bottled up inside you was finally being in shouts and cries.

"You said it yourself, you hugged me shut me up. Wasn't that kiss the same thing? It didn't even matter to you if it was my first or not!! You just stole it as simple as that!!! Don't you know how I feel?!?"

"That was you f-first kiss? I didn't know... I'm really sorry y/n–"

"Are you really? My emotions are messed up because of you and I just want everything to be normal!! Why can't I just have a simple life where I don't have to overthink about things like this?" You sniffled, before tucking your head in your arms.

Silence passes and neither of you said anything. Minho didn't know what to do, but he knew he had to fix his mistakes. He hated seeing you cry in front of him when he couldn't comfort you. You'd probably think it was all fake like when he lied those past times about how he didn't feel anything.

When he hugged you, he never felt more comfortable in his life. All the happiness that was lost and forgotten had suddenly resurfaced in a single gesture. The kiss? He knew it was wrong to do it, but he felt so close to you. He felt the warmth he longed for after all those years.

Deciding to finally take action, he hesitantly reached out and grabbed one of your hands. He didn't intertwine your fingers together, but instead, he held it as if he was saying, "I know I messed up, but please don't cry over an idiot like me".

His touch had stopped your tears but you still didn't dare to bring your head up. You couldn't believe the guy who was selfish and insensitive was actually able to calm you down. No, you were lying to yourself. You knew he was able to do it because you still held onto the feelings you had for him. They were smaller than before, but they were there.

"Y/n..." he spoke your name in a hushed tone. "I'm glad you're with Jisung instead of me. I was greedy for wanting you without caring about how you or Jisung felt. You two deserve eachother, and I won't get in-between your relationship anymore."

Hearing Minho's voice that was filled with sincerity and sorrow made you look at him. He was ethereal at the moment. Everything in the scenery only complimented his already perfect features, but that wasn't what caught your attention. It was his swollen red eyes and the loving gaze he had for you.

What should you say? Should you tell him how you really felt back then? The truth behind why you dated Jisung in the first place?

Fuck it.

"Minho...." you took in a deep breath as time seemed to slow down.

"I liked you, and I still kinda do."

His body grew tense and his mouth parted in shock. Did he hear you right? He frowned in disbelief before letting go of your hand.

"W-why didn't you tell me? If you did, we might've been able to have something... you know, together," he whispers, disappointed.

"I kept it as a secret because I thought you didn't like me back. That and...." Your voice slowly trailed off. "I thought I had no chance with you when I saw how happy you were with Semi. That was why I ran away when I watched her kiss you... twice."

Minho creased his eyebrows for a few seconds before understanding what you were talking about.

"Oh... But why do you like me now? After all my dumb decisions and actions, wouldn't you hate me? Especially after the terrible things I did today...." he bit his lip harshly, regretting it all.

"You're changing Minho, and for the better. You've already accepted my relationship with someone else and I heard from Chan that you're no longer going to see Semi. I'm proud of you, I really am," you smiled which made him smile back.

"I never thought I would hear those words from you. Thanks for showing me the right way y/n. I don't know where I'd be if it weren't for you."

You both looked up into the night sky and there you saw it. A comet. It shined brightly, the beautiful tail racing through the night. You gasped as it seemed so close, yet so far.
Reaching your hand out like you were trying to catch it, you heard Minho chuckle.

"You look like you belong there," he said, making you tilt your head to the side.

"Belong where? I don't understand," you pouted, slowly pulling your arm back.

"In the sky with the rest of the stars. I see no difference between you two."

The compliment left a light blush on your cheeks but you had to think of him as a friend, a friend who you used to love. You didn't have to return to the past, you needed to head to the future. The future you now had with Jisung.

"Did you make a wish? It's a shooting star and they're rare, so you should make a wish while we're still able to admire it," you told him as you made your own wish silently.

"A wish huh?" He stared at you, watching how your eyes closed in peacefulness.

"Yeah, I made a wish."