12

You had enough of listening to them talk, so you got up and left. Your mind was clouded with thoughts, making you wonder who she was and why he was with her. Guessing from what you saw, she seemed like his lover. So now your feelings were all mixed up, should you still love him? You didn't know.

As you walked carelessly, you didn't look where you were going and bumped into someone. Fear immediately rushed through your veins and you nervously looked up to what you thought was an Nct member or one of their guards.

"Y/n? Wait, it is you!!" He beams happily and gives you a short hug.

You let out a sigh of relief when you realized it was Felix.

"I'm glad it's you and not someone else, but where's Chan?" Your question was soon answered once you saw him running towards you both.

"Lix! You can't keep leaving me like that," the eldest member said out of breath. "Oh! Looks like y/n's back."

You exchanged smiles before they stared at your face for an unusual amount of time.

"Why are you guys looking at me like that?" You slowly asked as they frowned.

"Were you crying?" Felix pointed at the tear stains on your cheeks and your swollen eyes.

"N-no!! I j-just umm...." you didn't know what to say so you tried to change the topic. "I think I saw Minho earlier in a room that way, do you mind getting him so we can leave? I need to get to the o-others..."

You quickly walked past them to hide the tears resurfacing in your eyes but they saw it. The sadness in your voice, the way you looked down to avoid their gazes, it was clear you just got your heart broken-and they knew exactly who did it.

[Time skip 10 minutes later]

"This building is too big, where's Jisung and the rest?" You whispered to yourself before turning a corner and spotting someone you didn't expect to see.

"There you are," he reached for your arm and grabbed hold of you, making sure you couldn't run away even if you tried.

"Jaemin-ah, please let me go," you asked softly, hoping he would allow you to leave.

"I'm really sorry y/n, but I can't do that. I have to follow Taeyong's orders, and I promise they won't hurt you. They'll listen to me if I convince them enough," he looks at you apologetically, genuinely caring for you.

"But what if you just pretend like you didn't see me? Then you wouldn't get in trouble since it was never your fault."

"It's no use, they have camera's everywhere. Once they check the footage, they'll see the truth," he sighs.

Jaemin smiles sweetly and pats your head to comfort you. He could see right through you, especially the pain that was bundled up inside deeply.

"You're hurt."

You stare at him confused; you weren't physically injured as far as you knew. "What do you mean?"

"You look upset, like someone grabbed your heart and stomped on it."

"How-"

"It's written all over your face. You don't have to tell me, it's because of some guy you like isn't it?"

How does he know so much without you having to tell him anything?!?

Jaemin chuckled, probably because you just said that out loud without realizing it.

"You look and act just like my sister. I miss her, and I'm sure you miss your brother Sunoo, don't you?" His eyes glistened as he wished he could be home with her.

"Yeah..." you agreed, wondering if he was doing okay without you.

"Well, I need to bring you to our headquarters. This is just one of our smaller bases, so we got to go," he pulls you to one of the exits but a voice called out from behind you, stopping you both in your tracks.

"You're not leaving with y/n, give her back."

Your breath stopped. Was it really Minho? Is he really trying to save you? You turned around with high expectations but got slightly disappointed when you saw who it actually was.

"You must be Han Jisung, I've heard a lot about you," Jaemin eyes the gun he was holding. "I can't hand her over, sorry."

You really didn't want them to fight. They were your friends, and you wouldn't know what to do if one of them got injured.

"Do you have our money? If you do, then she'll get back to you safely."

"We didn't steal your money!! How many times do we need to tell you?!" Jisung scoffs, annoyed.

"Then who did huh? Our leader won't give up so easily so you better spit out the truth," Jaemin sends him a cold glare, nothing like his kind personality.

"We don't know!! Who gave you the idea that is was us out of all people?!?"

That's when Jaemin froze. You looked at him worried and after 5 seconds, he figured it out. He let go of your wrist, allowing you to scurry over to Jisung.

"You're right. It wasn't you guys..." his eyes widened. "I can't believe he fooled us all!"

"What? Who fooled who now?" You tilted your head to the side, still not understanding what was happening.

Jaemin suddenly bowed as he apologized. "I'm sorry for the trouble we've caused. We should've believed you instead of him."

"Him?" Jisung raised a brow, just as confused as you are.

"Ji Hansol. He was the one who told us that you stole our money."

You and Jisung shared glances at eachother before he suddenly yelled in shock.

"THAT BASTARD?!?!"

"Woah, calm down," you place your hand on his shoulder and he grips his hair. "But... isn't he the one that I kinda... let escape?"

Jisung nods before Jaemin begins to explain everything.

"I always thought it was suspicious. Our money just disappeared out of nowhere and he just visits us the day after it happened, saying it was Stray kids. I wanted to question him but he's been friends with us for a long time so Taeyong believed him and brung a few of our members to retrieve it, including me. But he was the only one other than us that could possibly steal it 'cause we gave him access to a lot of our things."

"Then that means you can let us go, right?" You ask happily and he smiles at you before replying with a small 'yes'.

"We need to go to stop the others from fighting before someone seriously gets hurt, let's hurry," Jaemin points in the direction where the battle was going on and you follow him with Jisung by your side.

Maybe it was all going to be over, and you didn't have to worry anymore. Except for one thing that was stuck in your mind, or should you say one person.

Lee Minho.