22

Jisung drove you both home, hurrying up his pace as you seemed to be really nervous. Jaemin's warning was stuck in your mind the whole way back, and once you made it to the driveway, you bolted into the house.

The moment you opened the door, you saw the terrifying mess inside. There were shattered glass vases, tables missing legs, paintings on the floor, bullets scattered across the living room, and small splatters of blood on the walls and floor.

Dead silence, as if there was no sign of life at all. Jisung came behind you and stopped aswell, eyes wide and mouth agape.

"W-what is this..." his hands shaked at the horrific scene. "What happened while we were gone.. Where's everyone else?!"

You walked around the mansion with Jisung, looking for the other members. The search didn't last long as you heard talking coming from Minho's room. You hesitantly let yourself in and found everybody discussing over some unknown topic.

Your attention slowly drifted to the two injured members, torsos wrapped in long white bandages aswell as a few scratches across their face.

"You guys...." you spoke in a shaky breath. "What happened... and why are Hyunjin and Jeongin hurt?"

When you took a closer look, you noticed that it wasn't just them. Each person had some sort of bruise or blood on their arms or legs. There was no doubt about it, they just fought against someone.

"We're sorry y/n," Minho looked down with a guilty expression.

"Why are you sorry? We should be apologizing for not being here to help you!!" You clenched your fists, frustrated with yourself for being so naive.

Having fun on a date while they were here protecting themselves from whatever caused this? You hated it when you couldn't protect the ones you loved, and it made it worse when you couldn't even do anything since you didn't know.

"Wait..." you glanced around the room, noticing that someone was missing. "W-where's Sunoo?"

The members gulped as a thick tension grew. You needed an answer, you needed to know where your last family member was.

"Y/n.... they took him," Minho states, completely serious.

"They w-what? Who... Who took him?!!" Your heart began to quicken at an unsettling pace, tears threatening to fall from your eyes.

"It was a large group of men who we don't know the identities of, but they said they were sent by Ji Hansol. We didn't realize they were after him since they just burst into here while firing at us. I had no idea it was just to distract us while they kidnapped him..." he mumbles, biting his bottom lip.

Your legs gave up on you and you immediately crumpled down onto the floor.

"No.. not again..." you buried your face into your hands.

It's only been a little longer than a week since you reunited with him. Even if you enjoyed being with the members when you were held hostage here, that didn't mean you forgot about your younger brother. He was on your mind all the time, yet you just let it rest in the back of your head. Sure you were now involved with some mafias, and it may put you in danger, but you wanted Sunoo to be safe.

You know how hard it is for him when you're separated. Ever since your mom and dad died in a car accident, leaving only you and him alive, he's been fragile. He cared for you just as much as you did for him, and you made a promise that you'll always stay by his side. No matter what the situation was, all the memories you shared with him would remind you that you shouldn't give up. And that meant right now too.