Highway To Hell

A/N: I know this chapter is really really long. I probably should have broke it up into two parts, but I didn't against it XD
So if you don't like long chapters sorry but if you do like long chapters you're welcome! <3

Ponyboy's POV

It's been over a week since I was in the hospital, and things were finally getting back to normal. I was on my medicine and feeling a lot better, and Darry finally decided to let me out of the house. The gang decided to go bowling tonight, and even Darry came along. He claimed he had a free night but I think the real reason was he wanted to keep an eye on me. I wasn't really complaining, even though it was slightly annoying to have him acting like my babysitter, it's probably good that he got out of the house.

"Boom!" Steve threw his hands in the air as his ball knocked over all the pins. "Beat that." He walked back to where we were sitting with a small bounce to his step.

"Watch me." Soda shot up and grabbed his ball. I heard a few girls who were sitting at the lane next to us giggle about how cute Soda was. I rolled my eyes, not just because I heard that kind of stuff all the time, but because Soda had a girlfriend, and he was as loyal as they come. No way would any of them stand a chance.

Soda's ball went straight into the gutter on the first try, and only hit one pin on the second. "Tough luck." Steve mocked. Soda rolled us his and stood next to Dally, waiting for him to get up so Soda could take his spot. Steve grabbed Soda's arm and pulled him onto his lap, jokingly ruffling his hair.

"Fuck off Steve." Soda tried to get off but Steve had a tight grip around him.

"Language." Darry chimed in.

"Sorry." Soda muttered. I thought he would continue to try and get off of Steve, but Soda stopped struggling and sat back, leaning into him. Even when Dally or Two-Bit threw jokes at them, Soda made no effort to move.

Soda's hands were in front of him, with Steve's arms wrapping around him and gripping his arms. Ever so slightly, Steve was running his thumb back and forth on Soda's arm. It was so small I bet no one else noticed, but I guess I have a good habit of picking up on the small things.

Well I guess not everything, something was clearly going on that I couldn't quite see, though before I could think too much about it, it was my turn to bowl.

I knocked down five pins my first go, and three my second. A pretty average turn I guess. Though when I turned around to walk back to my seat, I was a group of familiar Soc walk in. There was Bob and Randy, two other stuck up looking boys whose names I never caught, and four girls, two of which were Cherry and Marcia.

I ducked my head and quickly went back to my seat. I didn't want to start a fight with them, and I definitely didn't want to talk to Cherry. Well I did, but I knew she didn't want to talk to me. "You okay?" Darry asked as I sat next to him. I nodded my head and shrugged, slouching back into my seat. "Are you sure? Are you feeling okay?" Darry quickly brought his hand to my forehead.

"I'm fine." I said, a little irritated.

"You're kinda warm, maybe we should go home." Darry shot up and pulled me with him.

"Seriously, I'm fine." I told him and snatched my arm back. "It's just hot in here, I'm going to go grab a drink." I walked away from my keeper and over to the concession stand.

"One coke please." "One coke please."

I said in unison with another voice. I turned to the right of me and saw Cherry standing there, looking at me with the same shock that was on my face. I knew she was probably hoping I would ignore her, so I turned back around. "Ponyboy hey." Cherry said quietly and tapped my shoulder.