Sick Days

A/N: Hey guys! Thanks for reading another chapter! 

WARNING! This chapter has lots of fluff and is really cute! <3

Please leave a comment and tell me what you guys think of this chapter / the book!

PONYBOY'S POV

I've never really been into girls before. I've barely talked to one before. Normally I would ignore them without a second thought. Though recently I couldn't stop thinking about a certain girl. Cherry valance, a beautiful red haired cheerleader that goes to my school. We only really talked once, at a drive-in movie, after that we would make eye contact in the hallways and sometimes I would smile at her, but she would rarely smile back.

One time I saw her drop her books so I helped her pick them up. I made a joke about clumsy cheerleaders and she laughed a little, though she quickly walked away when her friends approached. She was a little bit older than me, but she was beautiful, funny and smart. The girl of my dreams. Too bad I'm just a greaser who she will never give a chance.

One night, while walking in town with the gang, we were getting ice cream at one of the shops that both greasers and Soc went to. Dally was flirting with some girls by the jukebox, Two-Bit was talking with some greasers from Sheperd's gang outside, Sodapop and Steve were arguing in the corner of the store about something dumb, and Johnny and I waiting for our ice cream by the counter. Darry didn't come out with us tonight because he claimed he wanted some alone time. I wasn't complaining, I loved hanging out with the gang without Darry breathing down my neck.

"Here you go." The woman working the ice cream shop handed me a mint chocolate chip cone.

"Thanks." I handed her twenty cents.

"Sky looks dark doesn't it Johnny?" I asked as I peered out the glass wall and at the cloudy sky.

Johnny got his ice cream and turned around, looking at the outside. "Yeah, looks like it might rain." Johnny shrugged.

"Johnny man come here." Dally called Johnny over and the two girls he was talking too started giggling.

I watched as the cute girls flirted with Johnny and he tried to act cool, but failed miserably. I laughed and watched as another group of socs entered the shop. I turned around and avoided eye contact. I didn't think they would try anything considering our whole gang was here, but still, best to be on the safe side.

Without looking, I turned around and bumped into a cute redhead girl, getting my ice cream all over her blouse. "Gosh, I'm so sorry." I stumbled over my words.

"No worries." She sighed and tried to get the ice cream off of her. "Ponyboy?" She looked up, revealing her beautiful green eyes.

"Cheery." I gasped. "Hey."

"Hey." She laughed.

I reached over the counter and grabbed napkins. "Let me help." In a panic, I tried to dab the ice cream off of her chest. I didn't realize what I was doing until I saw Soda give me a thumbs up out of the corner of my eyes. "Sorry." I said quickly and handed her the napkins.

"No it's okay." She laughed again. "I think you got most of it out, thanks."

"Hey there doll." Dally came up behind Cheer and put his arm around her.

She shoved it off and glared at him. "Don't start Dalles." She snapped at him.

"These greasers bothering you Cheery?" A familiar dark haired soc came up from behind Cherry followed by the curly haired boy who johnny stabbed in the leg and jumped me about a week ago.