Normal

A/N: Omg I love this chapter so much! I hope you guys love it too!
Sorry it's so long...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darry's POV

Life throws shit at us every day, though it seems like I get handed more shit than my fair share. Though after everything, after walking through straight hell, I was back home, laying in my own bed with the most precious little boy cuddling up next to me.

I gently played with his hair, which was getting much too long, and listened to his small, delicate breaths. Pony has been extremely clingy, not that I blame him. He was basically glued to my hip yesterday when I brought him home.

Soda was also acting different, though he was cold and distant. I understand his behavior so I'm trying my best to be patient with him. It's not like he's being rude or disrespectful, there's just a lingering grudge that I don't expect to go away anytime soon.

I was lying awake for about ten minutes, not wanting to move and wake Pony up before I had to. My alarm eventually did go off, causing my little guy to squeak and bury his head into me.

"Good morning." I whispered. Gosh how I missed saying that to them.

"Sleep." He groaned.

"You have school kiddo." I shook him ever so gently, but he gripped me tighter.

"Skip?" He whined.

"No, you have finals at the end of the week, you're not skipping." As much as I would love to just spend the day with him, watching cartoons and listening to him ramble, I didn't want to put his final grades in geporty.

He groaned again and his eyes slightly fluttered open. "Five more minutes?"

"Sure." I shifted myself to shut off the alarm clock and then got out of bed. "I'm gonna go wake Soda up."

Immediately, my T-shirt was being grabbed onto. I looked down at Pony who's eyes were fully awake and big. "No, stay."

"I'll be right back." I kissed the top of his head. "I promise."

My shoulder was killing me, it left like a constant beating of hot needles in it. The mornings were the worst because of how stiff it gets.

I walked into Soda's room and saw him curled up in a ball, wrapped up in the comforter, with his thumb sitting just beside his lips. It's insane how he ever expects me to see him as an adult when he's so young.

I turned on the light, which immediately got him moaning and hiding under his blanket. I walked up to him and pulled it down, revealing his scrunched up face. "Good morning sunshine." I smiled though he simply grabbed the blanket from my hand and pulled it back over his head. "It's a beautiful day, you're not going to be able to see it if you stay under there the whole day." I removed the blanket again and received a death glare of teenage angst and tiredness. "I'm gonna start breakfast, be in the kitchen in ten minutes." I kissed his head, which he did not seem to appreciate.

When I walked away he hid back under his covers. I chuckled to myself and walked back into my own room where Pony was sitting up, rubbing his eyes. "At least one of you is up."

"Not up." Pony muttered. He raised his arms up towards me. "Carry?"

I wasn't too concerned he was acting like a toddler, the recent events were hard on everyone and we were all dealing with them in different ways. I of course, picked up with my left arm and sat him on my hip, keeping my arm under his bum. As long as I kept him on my left side it wasn't enhancing the pain too much.