Coffee Shop

Y/n's POV

I fucking hate working at a coffee shop.

When I first applied to work here I thought that life would be smooth and I'd be making some easy cash.

Makes sense right? All I need to do is take someone's order, press some buttons on a machine, pour whatever you ordered into a cup and bam.

Easy Peasy.

Yeah, no.

Why did I think something would be easy for me once in my life. Instead, I'm stuck with a shitty manager, coffee stained clothes, and middle - aged fucks yelling at me first thing in the morning on how to do my job.

And before you get on my case, saying that I could work another job. LITERALLY NO OTHER PLACE WOULD HIRE ME!

So I just have to suck it up and take it one day at a time.

8:00 a.m.

"Rise and grind Y/n, you ready for 5 hours of heaven?" said my co-worker Lisa sarcastically, as I entered the coffee shop for my shift.

"Of Course Manoban, when am I not," I added with a roll of my eyes.

There has been one good outcome out of working here, and that is meeting my co-worker/friend Lisa. She definitely makes my shifts more bearable and she's an amazing friend.

"So what's new with you?"

"Bro, you literally saw me yesterday."

"Ahh, so that means you still have no girlfriend," she said with a smirk.

In the eight months that I have known Lisa, she has been so adamant on finding me a girlfriend. She says she wants me to get booed up quick, so I can go on double dates with her and her girlfriend Jennie. I totally understand that Lisa's intentions are pure, but holy fuck she's so shit at setting me up with people. They're either not my type or downright crazy, so I started to have low expectations with her now.

"Lisa stop, the last girl you had me meet literally poured her drink on me because I said I wouldn't go vegan for her," I shuddered, recalling the memory.

"Where the fuck do you even find these nut jobs," I asked her genuinely.

"Y/n/n, you know what your problem is?" she said while patting my back. "You're way too picky girl."

Way too picky?!

Jheez I'm sorry that I would prefer a girl who doesn't pour her caramel frappuccino over my head because of my eating choices. My water bill probably went up thousands from trying to get caramel out my hair.

Am I too picky? Is that why I haven't found anyone? Whatever, trust the process Y/n, trust the process.

"Y/N STOP DAYDREAMING AND GET BACK TO WORK, YOU AS WELL LISA!" my old ass manager screamed.

What work there's literally no customers in here, I thought. Of course I never actually said that though, I still need this job.

Lisa and I then parted ways, and did some supposed 'work'.

Couple hours later

My shift is now nearing its end, and I see Lisa talking to my manager willingly.

Willingly I tell you!

They seem to be looking at a paper and discussing something. What is this girl up to?

After a couple minutes, Lisa joins me behind the counter and strikes up a conversation.

"So your problem is that I find you horrible girls right? Lisa starts. "Then let's check out dating apps!" she said excitedly.